Management is horrible

Current Employee - Senior Investigator
Current Employee - Senior Investigator

I have been working at US Investigations Services full-time

Pros

The best part of the job is working from home, working alone, getting a company car, and flexibility.

Cons

Management sucks. My team leader is a jerk, micro manager, ass kisser, and blames his employees for everything. His boss isn't any better. If you go to higher management with a complaint on your team leader, he runs to that tl and tells him everything. Where's the trust and suuport?

Advice to Management

Listen to field staff and support them by giving their concerns confidentiality...I miss how usis was 3-5 years ago, it was fun, laid back and exciting. All my freedom is diminished and the company is so hostile.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

****Avoid****

Current Employee - Investigator in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Investigator in El Paso, TX

I have been working at US Investigations Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fleet Auto. That's about it

Cons

Where to begin? Let’s talk recent developments. CEO recently terminated. No surprise as they usually last 18-24 months, historical average. Medical/Dental premiums tripled. Here is an example. New-hire employee will now pay $826.90/month (Employee + Family). And that’s just medical coverage and it’s very, very basic with super-high deductible. Dental premiums super high as well. Yearly salary for new employee $37,500.00, non-negotiable. USIS touts free automobile. Not exactly. There is a mandatory Personal Use Charge (PUC), minimum $141.00/month. So, 33% of new-hire salary committed to medical & car. Do the math. Basically, this job is fine for a retired person or recent, single college graduate. Anyone with a family, good luck. Pay increases are non-existent, don’t really matter how good of an employee you are. It takes many years to get promoted, so just be happy with $37K for years to come. As for corporate culture, don’t take my word for it, simply Google search USIS. They are under investigation by DOJ, DOL, etc. for all kinds of stuff. I realize most folks come to Glassdoor to simply complain about employer. But, in this case, most reviews are correct. It’s really bad. If you quit ur job less than 12 months after hire, you must re-pay training costs, in the thousands of $$. The list of Cons is too long. If you select to go forward, please revisit this Review in 6 months. There is not a line that is false or exaggerated.

Advice to Management

File bankruptcy protection

a walk into the house of cards

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Washington, DC

I have been working at US Investigations Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed learning the background investigation process and interfacing with professionals in all walks of business. I learned a lot about people. I also learned how deal with the tricks of USIS management, I just reported the chicanery to OPM and it was taken care of.

Cons

When I began working for USIS it was run by excellent integrity minded management that had been transferred from OPM. As the OPMers left or moved on, what you had left unfortunately was a lot of shallow inept gold diggers, inexperienced college graduates with clue to lead them, and a void in leadership that advocated for employee growth. The leadership was a bunch of inept college flunkies with no business acumen. The management was unfortunately a bunch of gold diggers who did not know anything about security clearance back ground investigations. The biggest talent they had was kissing up to OPM with empty promises.

Advice to Management

You never know who is taking notes about you.