There are newer employer reviews for US Jesco

Nice People, but sloppy management.

Former Employee - Product Demonstrator  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
Former Employee - Product Demonstrator in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at US Jesco as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule: they let you pick 4 shifts you cannot work and schedule you around it. You do that every week as well. Commission pay: If you do well, you can earn loads in a short amount of time.

Cons

It is purely commission. They give you weekly pay during training and you get 15% at first and then 20%. It's not bad but it does add stress.
Also, it is not an easy job. you are alone at your post and have to do everything by yourself and convince random shoppers to buy your product and deal with rude people and people interrupting you.

The demonstrator, especially new ones need more support than just phone calls.

84 Other Employee Reviews for US Jesco (View Most Recent)

could have been better

Former Employee - Product Demonstrator  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Product Demonstrator in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at US Jesco part-time for less than a year

Pros

-potential to make a lot of money
    -working unsupervised
    -travel opportunities
    -self employed contractor (can write off business expenses)
    -flexible work schedule
    -paid training (at the time I started, not sure if they still do this)
    -good practice for public speaking
    -can be fun at times, especially if you are a performer

Cons

-commission only
    -product was hard to sell in this market, kind of saturated, and consumers are quite savvy here
    -had to assemble some products, which I didn't get paid for and it cut into the time I had available to sell
    -the stage wasn't always set up in time, which left me waiting around (unpaid) and unable to sell the product or earn commission (sometimes for HOURS)
    -there's a starting commission, so for the first x amount of hours, you don't get your full commission percentage
    -questionable sales practices

-make sure the stage is set up before demonstrators arrive for shift... if it isn't ready, pay them minimum wage (at least) for their time
    -pay someone to assemble the products, or give us a higher commission percentage on products that require our assembly

Can be brilliant/can be rubbish

Current Employee - Sales Agent  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in London, England (UK)

I have been working at US Jesco part-time for more than a year

Pros

When its good, its marvellous. The products all do what they say, though they might not be the best, and when you follow the fundamentals you can sell a lot.
    The people are all so friendly and helpful. It really feels like a family and its good to work for a company that cares.
    The schedule is so flexible its great. A real bonus is the way other agents go out of their way to help you if you need a shift covered.
    The commission rate is good too once you've got your payrise which only takes around 5 weeks.

Cons

REALLY disorganised. I've never worked with a company where the head office seems so clueless. It is the main cause of all the issues I have had. Pay being made incorrectly or late, running out of stock, lack of training and equipment. It could all be so great if the senior team could just get organised and stop procrastinating! They have always fixed the problems though.
    It seems the USA get good benefits and it would be good if the UK got the same treatment.
    When you have bad days its soul destroying and you can get lonely.

Please, please get organised. Please stop procrastinating. Just run the company properly and stop being so petty.

There are newer employer reviews for US Jesco

Worked for US Jesco? Contribute to the Community!