There are newer employer reviews for US Jesco

Very educational.

I worked at US Jesco

Pros

Used this job as a vehicle to get where I wanted in Business.

Cons

Worked a lot of hours but it paid off.

Honer those whom deserve it more frequently.

90 Other Employee Reviews for US Jesco (View Most Recent)

Idiot Filter

I have been working at US Jesco full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This site is a collection of what appears to be mainly a circle of people who got canned trying to sway prospects from taking advantage of huge opportunity. People hide behind anonymous posts, mainly fabricated, and fail to mention many things that lead to their departure, untimely or not. If you're one of those people who are affected by said posts, we probably don't want you anyway. If you're a thief, a drug addict, are highly insubordinate, and can't show up to work, you're probably not going to make it. Yes, we have fines, we hire 1099's, and we require some travel. Good news is, we cover all of this in the hiring process. For anyone to complain about it later and call it being deceitful is plain stupid. Yes, some of our people are passionate and know how to drive a point home. Yes, our CEO owns a sailboat, which he paid for after years of hard work. I'm sure no other business owner has this. Come on. One thing you may not know: we have an A+ rating with the BBB, a feat impossible if we didn't work hard to fix gripes and/or complaints. We have 8 out of 10 of the biggest retail chains in North America. We have hundreds of people working for us. We don't hire competitor's agents, but they hire ours. It is truly funny to watch known thieves, addicts, and wanna-be's try their butt off to paint us in a bad light on boards like this. People who are busy making money and working hard don't have as much time as lazy broke people, so yeah, you won't see too many glowing reviews on here. You sure do see a lot of bad ones from people who have been fired though, and a lot of lies as well. With all the talk of labor boards, and the IRS, I think it's important to note the following: YES! We have been audited by the IRS. YES, we have had labor board hearings. Did I mention we are still here and bigger than ever? No change in policies either. Why? Because we operate within the confines of the LAW. Always. Oh, and lawsuits? Please! Where are they? No lawyer would ever be insane enough to touch outlandish claims such as some of the ones below because they are simply untrue. The moral of the story is, if this is a way for some of our former agents to get even, keep bringing it on. The truth is smart, intellectual, talented people who do some research will forever be intolerant to such garbage.

Cons

The only con to this board is the fact that unlike in court, here we can not face our accusers. That would be incredibly entertaining.

Keep on keeping on.

Don't be fooled!

Former Employee - Director of Retail Promotions
    Former Employee - Director of Retail Promotions

I worked at US Jesco full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

In all fairness, I must say that some of these reviews where people complain that they were promised a certain amount of money per week and didn't make it, and about the fine in place, are just plain stupid. In a job that's 100% commission, you start from $0, and you sell to make your money. All anyone can tell you from Jesco is an average range of what most people make. From there, it's up to you to make your money. If you suck or you are a non-stop whiner that isn't willing to hustle, will you make money? No. Can you make money doing this job? Yes. Can you make a lot of money? Yes, if the stores are good and haven't been overworked (which are hard to come by these days). Is it easy? No. This job isn't for the lazy and entitled.

Regarding the fine..newsflash, you WON'T get the fine if you show up to work as scheduled, and if you are having trouble, quit bellyaching and make your training calls. As a former Director, I never once issued the fine to people who did their job as they were told, if they had an emergency, if they had a legitimate reason for missing work and got their shift covered (which I tried to help people with), and/or were able to prove illnesses with doctors' notes. The fine is put into place to protect Jesco and the store chains from lazy schmoes deciding to go to the beach instead of going to work.

Cons

Despite my defense of the commission, and the fine, and the fact that I agree you CAN make money here, I have to say that this company's downsides VASTLY exceed the positives. If you opt to go into training or management (spoken by someone that has been in both positions, and worked with Jesco for several years), PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK. This company is SO understaffed now, prepare for your work-life balance to drop drastically. They just don't care. The turnover is ridiculously high, because quite honestly, people just aren't treated well enough to make the hard work worth it. "Perks" have been dropped one by one (such as salaries, and per diem for traveling positions, among many others) and there really is just no benefit to this kind of punishing schedule, especially when berating, cursing, yelling, and screaming is par for the course from the CEO and senior management. There's really no excuse for the way they treat their employees, who work extremely hard for them. Everyone who commented on this is absolutely right. PS guys...regarding the issue with the sailboat. No one cares that Mr. Spalding HAS a sailboat. Props to him for being able to afford one and all that. The issue is that he spends way too much time on it, and ignores the people struggling in the field, making the money to for him to pay the sailboat bills, except when he calls to yell and scream at them. I've never seen a less invested head of a company. This company lost MANY long-term trainers and managers last year, including me, who just couldn't justify the treatment and hours for such a dwindling salary. I was there while it was great, while it was good, okay, and bad...and I left when it turned terrible and unbearable. This company also has an issue nailing down contracts with new chains, which means the stores are generally overworked. Payroll is a HUGE problem with this company. Count on your pay to be late on a regular basis when the "chains don't pay on time." I'm sorry, this is NOT acceptable, especially when the sales agents are 1099, and everyone in the field works so incredibly hard. This is why you need a contingency plan for when this happens. I don't care if the CEO has to dig into his pockets himself to pay the agents on time, that is what he should be doing if the case calls for it. Expect for your paycheck to be wrong at least 75% of the time as well. Good luck getting it fixed too, unless your manager is the diligent type that bugs them repeatedly on your behalf.

Also, I'd like to comment on the recent bout of positive reviews. I don't doubt that this business model still works for some people in some markets that haven't been overworked, and that it's not an impossibility that SOMEONE still likes the company, but could Jesco be any more obvious that they made their OFFICE STAFF at their headquarters write a positive review to counter the negative. 4 reviews in the same day from the staffers at the office is no coincidence. With all due respect to those staffers...your jobs and careers are completely different from those in the field. You work 9 to 5. You stay at a desk all day. Then, you leave your job at the office when you go home. You have absolutely no idea what it's like out in the field for these agents, trainers, and management, so commenting as if you do is absolutely laughable.

You need to realize the people and the talent you have working for you are absolutely invaluable. Treat them like gold or they will find another company/job where they are treated right.

There are newer employer reviews for US Jesco