There are newer employer reviews for US Jesco

Idiot Filter

I have been working at US Jesco full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This site is a collection of what appears to be mainly a circle of people who got canned trying to sway prospects from taking advantage of huge opportunity. People hide behind anonymous posts, mainly fabricated, and fail to mention many things that lead to their departure, untimely or not. If you're one of those people who are affected by said posts, we probably don't want you anyway. If you're a thief, a drug addict, are highly insubordinate, and can't show up to work, you're probably not going to make it. Yes, we have fines, we hire 1099's, and we require some travel. Good news is, we cover all of this in the hiring process. For anyone to complain about it later and call it being deceitful is plain stupid. Yes, some of our people are passionate and know how to drive a point home. Yes, our CEO owns a sailboat, which he paid for after years of hard work. I'm sure no other business owner has this. Come on. One thing you may not know: we have an A+ rating with the BBB, a feat impossible if we didn't work hard to fix gripes and/or complaints. We have 8 out of 10 of the biggest retail chains in North America. We have hundreds of people working for us. We don't hire competitor's agents, but they hire ours. It is truly funny to watch known thieves, addicts, and wanna-be's try their butt off to paint us in a bad light on boards like this. People who are busy making money and working hard don't have as much time as lazy broke people, so yeah, you won't see too many glowing reviews on here. You sure do see a lot of bad ones from people who have been fired though, and a lot of lies as well. With all the talk of labor boards, and the IRS, I think it's important to note the following: YES! We have been audited by the IRS. YES, we have had labor board hearings. Did I mention we are still here and bigger than ever? No change in policies either. Why? Because we operate within the confines of the LAW. Always. Oh, and lawsuits? Please! Where are they? No lawyer would ever be insane enough to touch outlandish claims such as some of the ones below because they are simply untrue. The moral of the story is, if this is a way for some of our former agents to get even, keep bringing it on. The truth is smart, intellectual, talented people who do some research will forever be intolerant to such garbage.

Cons

The only con to this board is the fact that unlike in court, here we can not face our accusers. That would be incredibly entertaining.

Keep on keeping on.

84 Other Employee Reviews for US Jesco (View Most Recent)

Scam Artists

Former Employee - Sales Agent, Trainer, Unit Trainer  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Agent, Trainer, Unit Trainer in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at US Jesco full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Money can be good during the winter holidays.
    Opportunity to travel
    Good experience dealing with people trying to take advantage of you

Cons

Abusive management.
    You get less of a commission percentage than they claim. It's not actually 20%. It's 14% during training and 19% after.
    You pay all their taxes. You're a 1099 independent contractor even though you have no say in your hours or where you work.
    They try to fine you $500 for a "no call/no show" even if you call ahead of time.
    Mandatory "anchor outs" or "otls." You have to leave town to make them money or "you don't work this week." But they won't pay for travel, food, or hotel.
    Turnover is incredibly high. In 3.5 years of working for them, I had 8 different managers.

Stop taking advantage of young and desperate people who don't know any better.

This company is full of it, and trying to boost their ratings on glassdoor to trick you into working here

Former Employee - Product Demonstrator
    Former Employee - Product Demonstrator

I worked at US Jesco full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You can make good money if you want to be responsible enough to pay irs quarterly so you don't owe at end of year, don't mind traveling miles and miles away and pay for your own gas, keep track of your mileage everyday, work 12 hour days, sometimes 14 days straight, be threatened, yelled at, cursed at, and never get recognition for your hard work, put up with a lot of miscommunication, bend over backwards for them day in and day out.

Cons

Over the last week I notice all 5 star ratings coming from where the corporate head quarters are based, carrollton, tx and from california. If you want to work for a company that has to tell their current employees to post something good about them and to do it all within a week to make them look good, you already know you will work for a deceitful company. If it was such a great place to work, you would see good ratings throughout a span of time in different states. Not a weeks worth of great ratings coming from 2 states. Don't be fooled into this. Keep reading, you'll find the truth.

Karma always back around. You can't fix the problem by telling people to do something for you to make you look good. Why not just change what you are doing, and treat your hard working employees with respect and recognition. So much easier than being deceitful.

There are newer employer reviews for US Jesco

Worked for US Jesco? Contribute to the Community!