A Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at US Jesco full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great money to be made, I paid my way thru college just working part of the summer and a few weekends a year. Professional people to work with, place of integrity, ambitious people with high sales drive.

Cons

Have to stand for long hours, drive time can be long, have to work weekends but that's where the money is.

Advice to Management

Well done!

Other Employee Reviews for US Jesco

Family oriented and wonderful work enviroment

Current Employee - Bookkeeper/Accounting Assistant in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Bookkeeper/Accounting Assistant in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at US Jesco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When I interviewed at US Jesco, I knew it was a place I wanted to work. The VP has a positive attitude and an open-door policy. I have always felt comfortable taking any issues, work-related or personal to the VP. My colleagues are like my second family and I enjoy going to work each day. We work hard but are rewarded well. Being a single-mom has its challenges but with a family-oriented company as an employer, it has made my life better for me and my two boys. I look forward to many years with this company.

Cons

I don't feel there are any cons to this job. If you don't have a good work ethic then I guess you probably wouldn't want to work here.

Advice to Management

Great job! Couldn't be happier.

Great company for people who want to WORK

Current Employee - Technology Director in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Technology Director in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at US Jesco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company is run by very passionate people. Everyone pulls together to make this company great. Motivated individuals can make great money and move up quickly, as long as they are willing to work for it. Is it easy? No! Is it rewarding? Yes! If you've got what it takes, you will be successful. If you want to sit around and complain and stay on a smoke break all afternoon, you might want to find something else. We work hard and we play hard! Working as a 1099 agent is a definite pro! Do some of these people not realize that an advantage this is? If you are responsible with your taxes and set them aside each paycheck, you will definitely come out ahead. You have numerous tax breaks as a 1099 contractor that you can not take as a regular employee. Mileage, dry cleaning, computer, office space in your residence. All of these are examples of items you get to take as a deduction. Try taking these deductions as a regular employee. While some complain about it, I think our CEO having a sailboat is a definite pro. He has worked hard all his life and shows what you can do with hard work. I love seeing the jealousy on this site that he spends too much time on his sailboat. Because I'm sure they would work hard to afford a sailboat and would never take vacation time to go sailing (yes, that was sarcasm). He takes off less time than anyone I know! He travels the country from one market to the next trying to help the managers and agents be the best that they can be. He doesn't take off on nights and weekends. He is constantly plugged into what is going on, except for the few occasions when he goes on a sailing trip. And no, I'm not a lifelong friend. And no, I didn't marry anyone in the company. I'm just an employee that realizes that I have been given a great opportunity and I work my tail off each and every day in order to help the company, which in turn helps me!

Cons

This can be a stressful job. It is very fast paced and things can change from one minute to the next. You need to be ready for the challenge and willing to adjust mid-stream. We are in a business with high turnover, just like other retail jobs. And in all that turnover, some individuals feel the need to lash out at the company because they feel that they were not treated fairly. This is just sad. I would prefer hiring people with a little more integrity, but some people feel that bad things only happen to them because of the actions of others.

Advice to Management

Do a better job letting new people know that they have to work. Evidently, many people think they can just show up and get paid without putting forth effort. If they aren't willing to work hard in a fast-paced environment, they should avoid this company.