There are newer employer reviews for US Jesco

This company is full of it, and trying to boost their ratings on glassdoor to trick you into working here

Former Employee - Product Demonstrator
Former Employee - Product Demonstrator

I worked at US Jesco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can make good money if you want to be responsible enough to pay irs quarterly so you don't owe at end of year, don't mind traveling miles and miles away and pay for your own gas, keep track of your mileage everyday, work 12 hour days, sometimes 14 days straight, be threatened, yelled at, cursed at, and never get recognition for your hard work, put up with a lot of miscommunication, bend over backwards for them day in and day out.

Cons

Over the last week I notice all 5 star ratings coming from where the corporate head quarters are based, carrollton, tx and from california. If you want to work for a company that has to tell their current employees to post something good about them and to do it all within a week to make them look good, you already know you will work for a deceitful company. If it was such a great place to work, you would see good ratings throughout a span of time in different states. Not a weeks worth of great ratings coming from 2 states. Don't be fooled into this. Keep reading, you'll find the truth.

Advice to Management

Karma always back around. You can't fix the problem by telling people to do something for you to make you look good. Why not just change what you are doing, and treat your hard working employees with respect and recognition. So much easier than being deceitful.

Other Employee Reviews for US Jesco

Largely a waste of time and unpleasant experience

Former Contractor - Sales Agent in Denver, CO
    Former Contractor - Sales Agent in Denver, CO

I worked at US Jesco as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

there was schedule flexibility as promised, as long at the manager was paying attention or answering his phone.

Cons

such poor, poor managers. They would waste agents time and send them to wrong stores, not stock product, cut into your sales time by breaking down early, etc. they would not reimburse large sums of money in a timely matter--as promised. They were unprofessional and spoke very poorly to and aggressively to staff. It is terrible to be 100% commission based, show up to the store you were scheduled to be at, only to find out any of the following: (all which happened to me in the 6mo I worked there) the store opened 3 hours after my scheduled in time, there is no product, your shift was given to someone else, the run at that store ended days early and no one told you, the store didn't exist, etc.

Advice to Management

As the managers I met had little to no experience in the professional world, I would suggest they find careers in which they are skilled to be in. Unfortunately, the corporate side of this company had very intense and unrealistic expectations for management, which is probably why they could do their job well. To the company as a whole, a 90% turnover rate should speak for itself. They are liars, thieves, and cheaters.

Think Twice About This Company !!!

Pros

there are very little pros for this company but i will be very honest -travel opportunities, if you want to travel to another country, you could also work in that market --meet cool people --SOME"" flexibility in schedule (and im emphasizing on SOME!) --fun to work, performing infront of large audience -- strict (Some of my trainers are caring )

Cons

well first off i will start by saying i have met some amazing people in this company, and up to this day are close friends with them. we kind of clicked like a small family ...this was one of the main reasons why i stayed with this company. when i first began working as an agent i made my own schedule my trainer was jake he is SOOOO helpful ..god bless his soul!... Carey is amazing, when i'm not sure about something she is very helpful and understanding can be strict at times, but she's cool... but my director!!! is a complete J****A, he treated agents like garbage, booked you miles away from your house, even if there is a store located on the next block from you, they fine you $500 for everything. if you are sick, and can't show up, and no one wants to take your shift. they fine you 500. for adjustment calls... same thing over and over again ....(your being to nice) they teach you to lie!... the products are completely over priced, they booked you in low end stores, and when you can't sell as many products, they lash out at you.. the Ceo, i am very familiar with him.. at first will be nice to you, but as soon as you are not making money for him (LOTS of money) he will yell at you act as if he dont even know you. he is really arrogant its not funny.... i have one question, THIS COMPANY FROM DAY ONE MAKES YOU LIE TO CUSTOMERS... HOW AND WHY DO YOU EXPECT YOUR EMPLOYEES TO BE HONEST WITH YOU? answer this..... when i got promoted i thought it would be for the better, they said we would be getting salary base pay and to live at a condo...LIES!!! when i got there, we had to work from morning to night ....doubles alone!! for days straight with only 1 day off .. the product cost was much less... not to mention we was on COMMISSION all the time... and it was $4 per sale... who the in their right mind would work for $4? to calculate it... we have to pay a condo $23 dollars a night plus gas which is no less than 4.50 a gallon.. driving no less than 1 hour away from the condo everyday. Buy food to eat... plus personal hygiene products. setting up and breaking down booths ....not to mention constant, constant yelling from hire up managers ... not everyone are drug addicts, liars and so on, I DON'T SMOKE, I HAVE NEVER DONE DRUGS I HAVE BEEN VERY HONEST FROM DAY (1) ...like the other person that came and post, and i'm sure is a director or someone from hire management that is extremely close to jay.... He is so out of touch with his company, its not funny ...he doesn't seem to realize he has real people working for him, yet he treat them like complete retards... hire management are best friends, married to someone close ,... and if you don't kiss their feet ... they will turn on you in seconds... they should get some new store chains... we are suppose to go into a store twice every 6 months.... then why are we going to the same store 5 times within a period of 5 months... dont make any sense to me... they will say its a great job for actors, good flexibility to go on auditions but if you go on a last minute audition.. they fine you $500...(saying we have to give them 2 weeks in advance).. if any of you know about the entertainment industry, you should know roles are not put out there 2 weeks in advance .... complete BS i didn't come to work in this company because i'm broke or can't look for a job... i actually love pitching but the constant lies and deceit, poor pay structure this company offers... i'm going to run away from it..

Advice to Management

start treating workers, like human beings, and not garbage, pay attention to what they are saying... i understand you are one person and can't be everywhere at the same time, but if more than one person is complaining about they same issue... come one.. do something!! get more chains for this company... stop being to arrogant...