US Marine Corps

Dog and Pony Show

Former Employee - Scout Sniper in San Clemente, CA
Former Employee - Scout Sniper in San Clemente, CA

I worked at US Marine Corps

Pros

Traveling the world, learning new cultures, meeting interesting people and killing them.

Cons

Wolves led by sheep. Leadership is garbage and their fighting spirit is garbage. They're a bunch of boy scouts fiddling with guns, trying to fight wars from a computer screen and neglecting the troops they put on the ground.

Go up to an 0300 Lcpl, and ask him to show you what balls are.

2345 Other Employee Reviews for US Marine Corps (View Most Recent)

mentally and physically demanding

Current Employee - E-3 Lance Corporal in Camp Pendleton, CA
    Current Employee - E-3 Lance Corporal in Camp Pendleton, CA

I have been working at US Marine Corps

Pros

opportunities that are offered as far as chances to learn more things about the world and a great chance to do new things around the world

Cons

minimal pay with maximum hours, cruel and demanding chain of command along with the constant amount of time away from family and friends

while keeping the standards for perfection high make the work environment more frindly screaming and yelling is not always required

I have achieved my goals but not my expectations that the recruiters will have you believe.

Current Employee - Avionics Technician in Beaufort, SC
    Current Employee - Avionics Technician in Beaufort, SC

I have been working at US Marine Corps

Pros

Job security, benefits, ability to grow in leadership, training in technical fields, serving abroad, opportunities to take on other jobs, paid vacation.

Cons

Controlling, in your face, intimidating, stressful, low pay, micromanaging, competency of management, not family oriented (you will spend lots of time away from spouse/children/parents/friends).

I believe that it is too easy for SNCO's to accieve their rank. I feel like many of them are under qualified because of the promotion system is simply done through a "brag sheet" which is approved through somebody that doesn't spend any time with them. I feel like SNCO's should have a minimum of an associates degree in their related field, and their subordinates should have a better anonymous way of sharing their opinions about their leadership, and doing it in a crowd can be intimidating and non effective.

There are newer employer reviews for US Marine Corps