There are newer employer reviews for US Marine Corps

I regret the last five years of my life.

Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic - Powerline in Beaufort, SC
Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic - Powerline in Beaufort, SC

I have been working at US Marine Corps

Pros

The GI bill will pay for a college education. Health insurance is free for service member. Job skills can be obtained if you recieve a worthwhile MOS, however many people do not recieve the job they desire.

Cons

-Total loss of personal freedom and civil rights.
-For unmarried E-6 and below you are required to live in barracks (basically a college dorm room) on base. For unmarried E-4 and below you will have a roomate in your barracks room.
-The second leading cause of death for Marines is suicide, I believe this statistic speaks for itself.
-Until a Marine achieves the status of a senior E-3 or E-4 he/she should expect to be treated very poorly on a daily basis to include acts of hazing, verble abuse, undesirable work tasks such as cleaning bathrooms, waxing floors, etc.
-Overall I do not recomend joining the Marine Corps unless you have no better option

Consider offereing BAH to single Marines of all ranks. Although very expensive I believe it alleviate a lot of stress and will decrease the epidmic of suicides in the Marine Corps

2204 Other Employee Reviews for US Marine Corps (View Most Recent)

It was very action packed and enlightening as far as how logistics plays a huge role in the success of a battalion.

Former Employee - Maintenance Management Specialist in Camp Pendleton, CA
    Former Employee - Maintenance Management Specialist in Camp Pendleton, CA

I worked at US Marine Corps

Pros

Travel was constant, being put to work as a leader for different tasks was the norm, and the experience I gained was priceless.

Cons

Life in the Corps wasn't always action packed. There were many moments of mundane and repetitious activities. However, the pros certainly outweigh the cons.

Be more transparent as far as operations, especially for operations that are not meant to be secretive. And understand that Marines have lives too; let them enjoy their liberty when all tasks are complete. Dictating and belittling the liberty of Marines is probably the reason for great Marines getting out to seek civilian lives.

Dog and Pony Show

Former Employee - Scout Sniper in San Clemente, CA
    Former Employee - Scout Sniper in San Clemente, CA

I worked at US Marine Corps

Pros

Traveling the world, learning new cultures, meeting interesting people and killing them.

Cons

Wolves led by sheep. Leadership is garbage and their fighting spirit is garbage. They're a bunch of boy scouts fiddling with guns, trying to fight wars from a computer screen and neglecting the troops they put on the ground.

Go up to an 0300 Lcpl, and ask him to show you what balls are.

There are newer employer reviews for US Marine Corps