There are newer employer reviews for US Marine Corps

Good and Bad...more bad then good

Current Employee - MOS Instructor in Jacksonville, NC
Current Employee - MOS Instructor in Jacksonville, NC

Pros

Great benefits, Proud, paid time off, sucks that I can't think of anymore then this. I used to love being a Marine before it got so full of Politics.

Cons

To much Politics, to many people care about thier careers and themselves, no real team effort. Not like it used to be. Newcomers think its a game.

Advice to Management

I don't know how to fix the Marine Corps, I became an instructor to try to fix what I was seeing and failed miserably.

Other Employee Reviews for US Marine Corps

1. Proud

Current Employee - 1833 AAV in Camp Lejeune, NC
    Current Employee - 1833 AAV in Camp Lejeune, NC

Pros

Benefits are a guarantee, pay raises are a guarantee, world traveling, the pride you get from being a United States Marine is an amazing feeling.

Cons

Bootcamp sucks, 3 months of hell. The training is the best training in the world. Thats exactly what i wanted, but its tough of course.

Advice to Management

Keep up the Marine Corps spirit, YAT-YAS Semper Fi. I am proud to be a United States Marine. OO Rah!

2. Very satisfied, glad I joined and would do it again, but it's time to move on.

Current Employee - Communications Officer in Camp Lejeune, NC
    Current Employee - Communications Officer in Camp Lejeune, NC

Pros

It's been an honor to serve my country. I love being a Marine and many of the opportunities that the military has given me.

Cons

Work is very unit dependent. Some units are great while others are extremely difficult. The environment has become extremely political and reactive to everything. Some commanders micromanage every detail of their unit for fear that if a Marine embarrasses their unit and the Corps, the retribution will be irrecoverable.

Advice to Management

Personnel management is difficult. When you spend tons of money to train a Marine to work in a specific MOS, it's foolish and wasteful to put him into a job where he spends 6 months learning what he's supposed to do because it has nothing to do with the job he was trained for.