There are newer employer reviews for US Marine Corps

Very bad

Current Employee - Avionics Technician in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Avionics Technician in San Diego, CA

I have been working at US Marine Corps

Pros

On contract for 5 years.
Minimal expenses.
Easy access to work on electronics not common in the civilian world.
Short deployments around the world.
Veterans benefits.

Cons

Lots of people with no ability to do their job.
Controlled life and being treated like children from SNCOICs/Officers.
Lack of ability to quit.
Job training was poor.

Improve job training.
Fire Marines who cannot do their job.
Treat your Marines as assets not liabilities.
Stop all the accusations and finding people just to blame.

2200 Other Employee Reviews for US Marine Corps (View Most Recent)

I regret the last five years of my life.

Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic - Powerline in Beaufort, SC
    Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic - Powerline in Beaufort, SC

I have been working at US Marine Corps

Pros

The GI bill will pay for a college education. Health insurance is free for service member. Job skills can be obtained if you recieve a worthwhile MOS, however many people do not recieve the job they desire.

Cons

-Total loss of personal freedom and civil rights.
    -For unmarried E-6 and below you are required to live in barracks (basically a college dorm room) on base. For unmarried E-4 and below you will have a roomate in your barracks room.
    -The second leading cause of death for Marines is suicide, I believe this statistic speaks for itself.
    -Until a Marine achieves the status of a senior E-3 or E-4 he/she should expect to be treated very poorly on a daily basis to include acts of hazing, verble abuse, undesirable work tasks such as cleaning bathrooms, waxing floors, etc.
    -Overall I do not recomend joining the Marine Corps unless you have no better option

Consider offereing BAH to single Marines of all ranks. Although very expensive I believe it alleviate a lot of stress and will decrease the epidmic of suicides in the Marine Corps

The Promotion looks more into what you look like on paper instead of how you are in person.

Former Employee - Infantry Squad Leader in Camp Pendleton, CA
    Former Employee - Infantry Squad Leader in Camp Pendleton, CA

I worked at US Marine Corps

Pros

Pay can be great at times especially on deployment. Most holidays off, unless deployed. The comraderie of the Marines you work with.

Cons

Everyone is really there to look out for themselves, make themselves look good, and sorry if anyone else REALLY needs something. 1 Mistake and you are gone. Yet the ones that baby their way through everything, and slide through the cracks are what most of the "Higher ups" are comprised of.

Stop looking into what the Marine solely looks like on paper and rely more on what the Marines around them and ones that work with them on a daily basis have to say.

There are newer employer reviews for US Marine Corps