US Marine Corps
4.2 of 5 1,911 reviews
www.marines.mil Arlington, VA 5000+ Employees

1911 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

I wish I had exited the Marine Corps after my first four years.

Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee)
Havelock, NC

ProsCamaraderie is great, other than this reason I cannot think of one good reason to be a marine. If you have a son or daughter that is considering this for a career quickly change their mind to the United States Air Force.

ConsOverworked, underpaid, lack of professionalism, lack of accountability, constant change, lack of focus, no goals, very little upward progression, the people who work hard are rode like dogs while those who cannot perform receive an easier job with the same amount of pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management would be to start holding those who cannot handle their job or do not perform up to standards accountable for their performance or lack there of. Too many times I see someone get an easy job because they cannot perform, and the one who does perform gets screwed.

It's a long haul but once you know your job it gets a lot easier.

03E - Marines - Captain (Current Employee)
    Townshipentynine Palms MCB, CA

I have been working at US Marine Corps

Pros: -Full benefits -Brotherhood -Guaranteed Paycheck -Military housing is very nice/ maintenance service comes… Cons: -Long hours -Starting off is tough work -Sent to some awful countries -Some… Advice to Senior Management: Leaders need to think more about the junior enlisted, and consider making Marine Corps more of a career setting rather than yelling at someone for… More

Definitely not for everyone

E4 - Marines - Corporal (Current Employee)
    Jacksonville, NC

I have been working at US Marine Corps

Pros: Job security and benefits are good. Cons: Incompetence of superiors and lack of common sense are rampant. Advice to Senior Management: Try your best to remember when you were a new… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on US Marine Corps.

Worked for US Marine Corps? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Marine Corps reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for US Marine Corps CEO General James F. Amos. All reviews posted anonymously by US Marine Corps employees.