There are newer employer reviews for US Marine Corps

Good people, great opportunities.

Current Employee - Marine  in  Camp Pendleton, CA
Current Employee - Marine in Camp Pendleton, CA

I have been working at US Marine Corps full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Travel, retirement benefits, and an opportunity to be a part of something bigger than myself were the best attributes of my time in the Marine Corps

Cons

Institutional arrogance runs kind of rampant. Promotions and personal image perception are cut throat games.

Less rank does not mean less valuable.

2154 Other Employee Reviews for US Marine Corps (View Most Recent)

My career in the Marine Corps has had a profound and positive influence on every aspect of my life.

Former Employee - E-8/1stSgt (Senior Enlisted Advisor)  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - E-8/1stSgt (Senior Enlisted Advisor) in San Diego, CA

I worked at US Marine Corps full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The Marine Corps developes leadership and an esprit de corps that is unmatched anywhere else I have worked. It has provided me skills and mental toughness to work under austere environments with a can-do attitude. The Marine Corps also provides training in many areas and can prepare people with much needed skills that can be applied to a successful and profitable career in the civilian sector. Honor, courage, and commitment is the Corps' trademark; values in which I live by.

Cons

While I agree with the intent of the height/weight standards that are currently in affect, I believe the Corps is doing itself a disservice by making it difficult for those Marines who are are above their maximum ht/wt to continue to have a successful career, yet are still able to pass all the physical fitness and uniform standards.

Treat all Marines with firmness and fairness, without prejudice and your Marines will follow you wherever called upon.

Amazing, Draining, Stressful, best time of my life.

Former Employee - Combat Engineer  in  Camp Lejeune, NC
    Former Employee - Combat Engineer in Camp Lejeune, NC

I worked at US Marine Corps as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Learn EVER leadership skills (if you apply your self). VERY rewarding. Get a get since of satisfaction, and gratification, with each Marine you affect.

Cons

If you pick a non-combat MOS, expect long hours and monotony. if you pick a combat MOS. expect stress, sadness, reward, since of honor. Very Physically demanding. Must be able to take Orders from peers.

HAHAHA, get in and you'll understand that one.

There are newer employer reviews for US Marine Corps

Worked for US Marine Corps? Contribute to the Community!