US Marine Corps

www.marines.mil

1937 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Leadership laboratory

Manager (Current Employee) Jacksonville, NC

ProsIn a constantly changing environment, you get the opportunity to see new challenges requiring both mental acuity and physical agility. Great leaders are not just born, they can also create and refine themselves in this type of work environment.

ConsBeing away from your family can take a toll. Also, sometimes you may have to move, not because you are being promoted but because the organization says "its the right thing to do". Doesn't always work out to be the right timing for the individual and ultimately hurts the organization. Hate to lose leadership value and strength because "its time to move again".

Advice to Senior ManagementRemain engaged with your subordinate leaders. Listen to them when they tell you that "you have no clothes". Engage all your employees in "brilliance in the basics" and demand pride in workmanship. Get out of your office and let your employees see you...hear your thoughts, etc.

A very satisfying experience!

Project Manager (Current Employee) Camp Pendleton, CA

I have been working at US Marine Corps full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Camaraderie and sense of belonging. Cons: Not family friendly. Career oportunities are very limited. Advice to Senior Management: Need to decentralized authority to mid-level management. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

The Corps changed my life...

Infantry (Current Employee) Camp Pendleton, CA

I have been working at US Marine Corps full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great training, friends and experiences... Cons: Disorganization... Hurry up and wait... Advice to Senior Management: Let the LCpls run the Corps... Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on US Marine Corps.

Worked for US Marine Corps? Contribute to the Community!