US Marine Corps
4.2 of 5 1,901 reviews
www.marines.mil Arlington, VA 5000+ Employees

1901 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Unmatched organization with fantastic people and unwavering ethos

Marine Corps Officer (Current Employee)
Norfolk, VA

ProsNumber one is I am surrounded by the finest people I could hope to work with. My job is intellectually challenging and world changing. I have had unlimited educational opportunities, earning three masters along the way. Global deployments make it the most interesting job I can imagine.

ConsTime away from family tops the list. The pending draw down has limited promotion opportunities and of course there is the standard bureaucratic nonsense like any organization faces.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold the standard, do not give in to fads or political whims.

Best Job I've had so far

GSM (Current Employee)
    Jacksonville, NC

I have been working at US Marine Corps full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: opportunity to succeed if you try. Cons: work hours are longer than civilian sector Advice to Senior Management: keep people in. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Phenonenal Experience

Logistics Officer (Current Employee)
    Camp Lejeune, NC

I have been working at US Marine Corps full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Sense of duty and pride. Will change your outlook on… Cons: Being deployed for up to a year at a time. Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the subject matter experts within your command Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on US Marine Corps.

Worked for US Marine Corps? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Marine Corps reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for US Marine Corps CEO General James F. Amos. All reviews posted anonymously by US Marine Corps employees.