US Marine Corps
4.2 of 5 1,631 reviews
www.marines.mil Arlington, VA 5000+ Employees

Challenging, dynamic, and developmental.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at US Marine Corps full-time for more than 8 years

ProsA lot of responsibility and hands-on opportunities early in one's career. Very good initial professional development. Opportunities to travel and support and learn about foreign cultures and governments.

ConsBureaucratic and rigidly hierarchical. Frequent, long deployments and regular training "in the field" can become tiresome and draining, and also put strains on the individual as well as on his or her relationships external to the Marine Corps.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend time mentoring junior officers.

A little about the Corps

I have been working at US Marine Corps full-time

Pros: Opportunities to do a variety of things around the world… Cons: Leadership that progressed through the ranks in peace time have… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Very challenging experience with each job move a new opportunity and new challenge.

Project Manager (Former Employee)
Quantico, VA

I worked at US Marine Corps for more than 10 years

Pros: Great people, most always near a beach, great locations, and unique challenges. You… Cons: You have to be self-mootivated. The deployment cycle and… Advice to Senior Management: Always instill trust tactics. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on US Marine Corps.

Worked for US Marine Corps? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Marine Corps reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for US Marine Corps CEO General James F. Amos. All reviews posted anonymously by US Marine Corps employees.