US National Archives and Records Administration

www.archives.gov
There are newer employer reviews for US National Archives and Records Administration

Good Start for Library Science Students

Former Employee - Student Worker in New York, NY
Former Employee - Student Worker in New York, NY

I worked at US National Archives and Records Administration

Pros

Flexible work schedules, small staff that makes it easy to get to know co-workers, occasionally food and drink are provided, there are opportunities to learn more about the logistics of Archives Management, the work is not too difficult

Cons

Not much room for advancement without a degree in the field, work becomes tedious and mundane when no new responsibilities are introduced, sometimes find yourself looking for work to do

Student workers should have additional responsibilities other than processing and data entry.

38 Other Employee Reviews for US National Archives and Records Administration (View Most Recent)

It all depends on who you work with.

Former Employee - Intern in College Park, MD
    Former Employee - Intern in College Park, MD

I worked at US National Archives and Records Administration

Pros

The people I worked with were great. They were very helpful in acclimating me to the culture and organization of the Archives. The facility is also an excellent place to work, probably because it's a newer building.

Cons

Really depends on the people you end up working with. I had a really good group of people in my area but others groups seemed a little dry. A lot of the employees have issues staying on time and promptly getting back to people.

Try to keep the work environment decentralized. Try not to worry so much about people stepping on your toes, just worry about getting the job done.

An OK job and nice place to work.

Current Employee - Technical Support
    Current Employee - Technical Support

I have been working at US National Archives and Records Administration

Pros

Stable job, little risk of layoffs except at contract renewal. Get to work with smart and dedicated people -none of the petty gossiping or back stabbing you see in most companies.

Cons

Older technology, so little on the job skills training or development. No pay incentives for performance. No career planning or growth.

Involve more of the front line employees in planning, solicit and consider ideas for improvement. Develop job skills