US National Archives and Records Administration

www.archives.gov
  www.archives.gov
There are newer employer reviews for US National Archives and Records Administration

Its a job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at US National Archives and Records Administration

Pros

Stable employment as long as you make your quota.
co-workers are nice.
Working with americas history.

Cons

very low pay
required to complete 20 - 21 casses a day, no matter the complexity.
seems like long term older employees are not encouraged to apply for new opportunities - only young students will get any of the developmental positions.

treat all people fairly. Provide opportunity to all employees.

31 Other Employee Reviews for US National Archives and Records Administration (View Most Recent)

Good Start for Library Science Students

Former Employee - Student Worker in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Student Worker in New York, NY

I worked at US National Archives and Records Administration

Pros

Flexible work schedules, small staff that makes it easy to get to know co-workers, occasionally food and drink are provided, there are opportunities to learn more about the logistics of Archives Management, the work is not too difficult

Cons

Not much room for advancement without a degree in the field, work becomes tedious and mundane when no new responsibilities are introduced, sometimes find yourself looking for work to do

Student workers should have additional responsibilities other than processing and data entry.

It all depends on who you work with.

Former Employee - Intern in College Park, MD
    Former Employee - Intern in College Park, MD

I worked at US National Archives and Records Administration

Pros

The people I worked with were great. They were very helpful in acclimating me to the culture and organization of the Archives. The facility is also an excellent place to work, probably because it's a newer building.

Cons

Really depends on the people you end up working with. I had a really good group of people in my area but others groups seemed a little dry. A lot of the employees have issues staying on time and promptly getting back to people.

Try to keep the work environment decentralized. Try not to worry so much about people stepping on your toes, just worry about getting the job done.