There are newer employer reviews for US National Guard

Great with people that are true to their positions and ethics, horrible with unethical, all about me leadership

Current Employee - Staff Officer
Current Employee - Staff Officer

I have been working at US National Guard

Pros

Teamwork,sense of purpose, and pay.

Cons

Too many politics. Unethical practices.

Advice to Management

Get off the political bandwagon and take care of soldiers!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good place for post foster kids

I have been working at US National Guard

Pros

Coming out of fostercare I didn't really have the life skills necessary to be able to support myself the guard has more then helped me grow up and given me an opportunity to learn how to take care of myself... that doesn't sound like much unless you consider that 1/3 of u.s. homeless are post foster kids and as are 80% of the u.s. prison population... any way glad I joined wish I could have gone active but I had a extensive juvenile criminal record... the guard mellowed me out I've been to Iraq once completed my first year of college and am about to deploy to Afghanistan after witch I'll be out for good and head back into college to get my aerospace engineering degree...

Cons

Possibility of deploying if you don't want to. Also its hard... but not impossible, to use the national guard as a career

Advice to Management

I think for the most part they got it handled though the military is vary much unit based if your stuck in a horrible company tough luck, if your in a good one you'll make friends for life.

2. It's all Nostalgia!

Current Employee - Military Police
    Current Employee - Military Police

I have been working at US National Guard

Pros

It is no doubt an honorable position revered by all Americans as an important, honorable, yet difficult job. There is a well laid out structure of how everything works and how to promote as well as opportunities of diversity along the way. By the book this could be one of the greatest organizations ever.

Cons

TOO MUCH REDUNDANCY!! This is one of those jobs that just does things and never thinks about why they do them. No one has a full circle understanding of what they're even there for. Training is under-funded and most people have little interest in it because it is poorly designed and ran. It is impossible to make suggestions or changes to "THE WAY". Being smart or innovative will not get you far in this job... As long as youre at peak physical fitness, you could be a complete moron and youll get anywhere.

Advice to Management

LISTEN TO YOUR TROOPS!! Its the guys on the ground that have the most knowledge of the situation. Decisions need to be made with the guys on the ground's information leading the thought process and politics curtailing the edges. We're the ones that die with bad decisions, you just lose your job!!!