US National Guard
www.arng.army.mil Jonesboro, AR 5000+ Employees

It was a rewarding experience that gives back as much as you contribute.

Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee)
Oklahoma City, OK

ProsThe NG provides great opportunities for a post-secondary education at little or no cost. Great progression and leadership training for future careers. This is a part time organization with opportunities for full-time.

ConsAs a military entity, there is always a potential for deployment. Not an organization to be a part of "just for the benefits". Must be willing and able to dedicate at least one weekend a month and 2 weeks per year for duty, which requires an absence from home.

Advice to Senior ManagementFrom my view, there appears to be a glass ceiling in the senior leadership positions. More transparent efforts should be made by the HR office to mentor minority junior leaders for growth.

My experience was alright.

Cannon Crew Member (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

I worked at US National Guard

Pros: The pay and benefits they come with the job. Cons: The senior management is awful. Advice to Senior Management: Stay on the readiness NCOs to do their paperwork. I wanted to stay in but wanted change my MOS and unit and… More

Army of One

Salem, OR

I have been working at US National Guard

Pros: Great place to earn a part time wage and gain some great benifits for college. You… Cons: Lack of international travel avalible. Advice to Senior Management: Focus on communication, it is the focus of everything and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on US National Guard.

Worked for US National Guard? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US National Guard reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for US National Guard CEO Frank J. Grass. All reviews posted anonymously by US National Guard employees.