US National Guard

www.arng.army.mil

"Never doubt yourself, appreciate your skills and continue to strive!

Logistics Manager (Current Employee) Tacoma, WA

ProsNetworking both business and leisure. Travel opportunities (both domestic and international). Unlike traditional active duty miliatry; one individual may wear multiple hats (in charge of multiple duties - missions). It is essential to multitask, to complete the task within the National Guard; in turn prepares the individual for any job at most levels. Education is encouraged and supported financially.

ConsSometimes depending on the mission at hand; long hours are expected. Long deployments overseas, are sometimes discouraging to families. In addition to deployments, the risk of being under harms way (hazardous work enviroment).

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognition to subordinates is crucial to productivity. Employees should feel appreciated; the productivity reflects an employees attitude of his/hers work enviroment. Employees understand duties must be performed and completed, but a pat on the back pays dividends.

Stable pay and good retirement benefits command attention.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Springfield, IL

I have been working at US National Guard

Pros: Excellent college benefits, job stability, and excellent retirement plan. Cons: At the higher levels, lack of communication readily occurs with key mid-management personnel. Unfortunately, there are many "cliques" still around. This combined with… Advice to Senior Management: Look closely at the personnel in place at the next lower level and honestly evaluate their effectiveness. See how they treat their employees and… More

Proudly serving and protecting our freedoms!!

S6 - Communications Officer (Current Employee) Smyrna, TN

I have been working at US National Guard

Pros: Job Security, better than average pay, and unbeatable benefits!!! Working in a position that I can actually fight for what I believe in and protect… Cons: Time away from the family for long periods of time.… Advice to Senior Management: Fight to maintain the current level of pay, benefits and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on US National Guard.

Worked for US National Guard? Contribute to the Community!