US National Guard
www.arng.army.mil Jonesboro, AR 150 to 499 Employees

Challenging, yet satisfying. Opportunity to increase responsibility and pay grade as well.

Operations NCO (Current Employee)
Tacoma, WA

I have been working at US National Guard full-time for more than 10 years

ProsBecome a part of a family of fellow Soldiers, all living and working in the state where you live. Helping your community during times of distress (fires or floods, or civil disturbance), or assisting in community events such as annual festivals, or fairs.

ConsPossibility of mobilizinng for duty over seas, sacrifice a weekend a month, and two weeks for training. May be called out to work in poor weather to help with flood support, away from family.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe nature of the Army is to "go and do". Usually overseas, but any time to provide time with the family or with the social group of choice instead of always conducting field training.

In the army national guard it gets very interesting and it makes you feel great that you have a certain purpose.

Specialist (Current Employee)
Paris, IL

I have been working at US National Guard part-time for more than 10 years

Pros: gets you a good amount of money for a little amount of work. All the… Cons: it is kind of bad that you have to work on weekends but besides that there… Advice to Senior Management: the best advice is that no matter what i do it is worth… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Review of the Army National Guard

Midwest City, OK

I have been working at US National Guard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: - leadership opportunities - good values - opportunity for education Cons: - lack of leader development - lack of vision - lack of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on US National Guard.

Worked for US National Guard? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US National Guard reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for US National Guard CEO Craig R. McKinley . All reviews posted anonymously by US National Guard employees.