US National Guard

www.arng.army.mil

An unforgettable experience

Squad Leader (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsLearning be part of a team that no other could possibly understand. You will make friends you will consider family for many years to come. The National Guard offers you something that the regular Army can not and that is the chance to stay in one place as long as you wish. Full time employment is available if you qualify.

ConsBeing a part time Soldier is tough. One minute you are back on the block or spending time with family after work. The next minute you are standing in a formation while you hear about all the things you must accomplish during the next 2-3 days. The regular Army has more time to complete the same tasks but you must move with a purpose and get them done in 2 days.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe prepared to have a solid plan ready and available for your troops and keep in mind you are dealing with men and women not children. Let your NCO's do the job that they worked so hard to earn and that is lead troops.

Excellent career opportunities, rewarding, great benefits!

Senior Supply NCO (Current Employee) Muncie, IN

I have been working at US National Guard full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Diverse, unique, challenging, and teaches one to learn how to… Cons: Long hours on weekends, but that's the nature of this… Advice to Senior Management: Keep learning and leading as usual Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Best place to let my abilities get knowledged

Combat Engineer (Current Employee) Vega Baja, PR

I have been working at US National Guard part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Plenty of challenges, lots of opportunities to become a leader… Cons: only a drill per month Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on US National Guard.

Worked for US National Guard? Contribute to the Community!