US Navy

www.navy.mil
There are newer employer reviews for US Navy

World class employer.

I have been working at US Navy

Pros

Plenty of opportunites for professional development. The U.S. Navy is an ideal workplace for those wishing to develop strong teamwork and leadership skills.

Cons

As with other organizations, the U.S. Navy sometimes demands long working hours, frequent travel, and limited choices for work location.

4141 Other Employee Reviews for US Navy (View Most Recent)

Your experience is as good as your effort.

Current Employee - Aviation Support Equipment Technician
    Current Employee - Aviation Support Equipment Technician

I have been working at US Navy

Pros

Health Benefits, camaraderie, opportunity to advance, and leadership training are what really standout. For many, the fact they don't have to worry about getting food, a place to live, or receive a paycheck every 15 days. The experience will vary based on many factors, but 75% depends on YOU. Your experience will be as good as your effort.

Cons

the constant relocation can cause a heavy burden on the family. Many people can't stand having their loved ones away for so long. This causes lots of marriages to end.

Continue to maintain a teaching environment. Remember that a great artist was once a beginner. You have to teach those up and coming young sailors and take into consideration that the times are different.

Fantastic!

Current Employee - Naval Aviator
    Current Employee - Naval Aviator

I have been working at US Navy

Pros

Work with great people, excellent advancement and training. The sky is the limit. After 32 years, I can honestly say there were only a few times when I did not enjoy this career. I was able to fly in six different airframes, manage hundreds of people and learn and perform many different jobs. The greatest thing about the Navy is the people, a very large percentage of professionals dedicated to making sure the Navy stays great.

Cons

Going to sea for up to 9 months at a time can be tough on the family.

There are newer employer reviews for US Navy