US Navy

www.navy.mil
There are newer employer reviews for US Navy

World class employer.

I have been working at US Navy

Pros

Plenty of opportunites for professional development. The U.S. Navy is an ideal workplace for those wishing to develop strong teamwork and leadership skills.

Cons

As with other organizations, the U.S. Navy sometimes demands long working hours, frequent travel, and limited choices for work location.

3977 Other Employee Reviews for US Navy (View Most Recent)

great for single individuals that want to travel the world

I have been working at US Navy

Pros

benefits, insentives, respect, honor, pay (if married), travel, uniform, discounts, life long friendships, diversity, free education, organized, mission, defending USA, early retirement

Cons

long deployments, familiy separation, long work days, too many strict rules and guidelines, frequent relocation, stress, death, lifelong disabilities, food, overmanned(kicking sailors out)

I know we are now in the 21st century but I wish our Navy was more like the Old Navy.

Fantastic!

Current Employee - Naval Aviator
    Current Employee - Naval Aviator

I have been working at US Navy

Pros

Work with great people, excellent advancement and training. The sky is the limit. After 32 years, I can honestly say there were only a few times when I did not enjoy this career. I was able to fly in six different airframes, manage hundreds of people and learn and perform many different jobs. The greatest thing about the Navy is the people, a very large percentage of professionals dedicated to making sure the Navy stays great.

Cons

Going to sea for up to 9 months at a time can be tough on the family.

There are newer employer reviews for US Navy