US Navy
3.9 of 5 2,831 reviews
www.navy.mil Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

Independent Duty Corpsman

Independent Duty Corpsman (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at US Navy full-time for more than 10 years

ProsAs an Independent Duty Corpsman there is no other corpsman position of greater responsibility or privilege.

ConsIndependent means you are truly alone at times. There is no Doctor, dentist, X-ray machine at your disposal. At times you must rely on your clinical assessment and then pray.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe health of your crew is only as good as your IDC. Invest in their training and material readiness. This will pay dividens on deployment.

Lots of fun times

E5 - Navy - Petty Officer Second Class (Former Employee)
Kings Bay, GA

I worked at US Navy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: great benefits, great pay, training, experience, very good way to start a career, since of pride, you will… Cons: A lot of time away from home, long hours Advice to Senior Management: usually a punish the bad. even for the small mistakes. if you start rewarding… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great, fulfilling

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Gulfport, MS

I have been working at US Navy full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great people, great experience once a lifetime opportunities Cons: Deployments, conflicts, unique stressors, high devorce rates. More

There are newer reviews on US Navy.

Worked for US Navy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Navy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for US Navy CEO Ray Mabus. All reviews posted anonymously by US Navy employees.