There are newer employer reviews for US Navy

Serving in the Navy was very rewarding, and chock full of outstanding life experiences!

Former Employee - E7 - Navy - Chief Petty Officer in Pearl Harbor, HI
Former Employee - E7 - Navy - Chief Petty Officer in Pearl Harbor, HI

I worked at US Navy full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Not only does it offer the chance to see the world... You will work with some of the finest people you will ever know.

Cons

Deployments can be hard on families, but the strong ones will survive temporary separations.

Take care of your sailors and they will always take care of you.

reviews filtered by
  1. Don't miss this opportunity.

Current Employee - Naval Officer in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Naval Officer in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at US Navy full-time

Pros

You have the opportunity to excel in many areas including networking, trade skills, leadership, etc. You will learn skills and have experiences to keep with you for a lifetime.

Cons

The Navy can be very hard with a family. I loved the Navy life when I was single and only have to care for myself and shipmates. Priorities change when you have a family and it can be very difficult to balance both.

Management shouldn't be so difficult to approach or have information relayed.

2. An experience that has filled my stories with both the best and the worst of times

Former Employee - ABE III Software in Bremerton, WA
    Former Employee - ABE III Software in Bremerton, WA

I worked at US Navy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The exhilaration of standing on a flight deck launching fighter jets, touring around the world and exploring new cultures, and a free ride to college has made the 4 years of service well worth it.

Cons

There is ALWAYS something to be done, such as shining knee-knockers. 48 to 72 hour non stop runs of flight-ops and watches. Abuse of power through chain of command: under-airmen treated with lack of respect.

Thanks for finally allowing anyone to enlist. Work on some kind of management/ behavioral training courses. People straight out of high school still dont understand a lot of things

There are newer employer reviews for US Navy