US Navy
3.9 of 5 3,289 reviews
www.navy.mil Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

Outstanding opportunity to obtain a plethora of leadership-building experiences ... worldwide!

Senior Officer (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

ProsIn what service can you fly aircraft, drive ships, jump out of (perfectly good) airplanes, dive to the depths of sea, and serve in special forces considered the best of the best? Only the U.S. Navy.

ConsDeployments (and the associated separation from family) continue to get longer and longer. It's time to lengthen tours, shorten deployments, and reduce the number of moves in a 20-year career.

Advice to Senior ManagementFlag Officers have an *almost* across-the-board tendency to be detached from the work lives of their subordinates. They forget the amount of work required to provide them with the desired (but not always necessary) level of support. Get out of your offices and among the Officers and Enlisted whom you lead and talk to them. Request frank assessments of current working conditions.

Great opportunities for individuals.

Electronics Technician (Former Employee)
    Pensacola, FL

I worked at US Navy full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Travel, security, benefits, camaraderie, training. Cons: Work hours, time away from family. Advice to Senior Management: Take care of your people. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

No Work Life Balance

I have been working at US Navy full-time

Pros: Free on the Job training and decent benefits - ie medical coverage. Travel… Cons: no work life balance, rampant incompetence, very little room for promotion or… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on US Navy.

Worked for US Navy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Navy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for US Navy CEO Ray Mabus. All reviews posted anonymously by US Navy employees.