There are newer employer reviews for US Navy

Worked through the Intern Program

Former Employee - Engineering Technician  in  Patuxent River, MD
Former Employee - Engineering Technician in Patuxent River, MD

I worked at US Navy as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great culture. Everyone was very down to earth and willing to help. There was a lot of opportunity for growth if you were to go there full time.

Cons

A lot of the employers of the interns didn't have a lot of stuff for us to do. There would be six of us in one office and none of us had anything to do.

Be sure to have tasks for interns if you're asking for them.

3596 Other Employee Reviews for US Navy (View Most Recent)

Let The Journey Begin

Former Employee - Parachute Rigger - Aircrew Survival Equipmentman  in  Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Parachute Rigger - Aircrew Survival Equipmentman in Norfolk, VA

I worked at US Navy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some of the pros for working for the US Navy are you get 30 days paid vacation, respect of your fellow citizens, opportunities to travel worldwide, job experience and develop a great work ethic. You get to work on some of the most advanced systems and equipment in the world. You have lots of opportunities for advancement. Medical and Dental benefits will be included.

Cons

You will most likely be required to spend alot of time away from home, away from your friends and family. You will work long hours and in all types of conditions, indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions. Living conditions onboard ship will be difficult for some to adjust to at first.

Some advice I would share with some Officers and Chief Petty Officers is that your attitude effects those who serve under you. When you have a bad attitude and berate your subordinates in public, it demeans them and makes them less willing to improve and meet your expectations.

Full of opportunity

Former Employee - Navy Officer  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Navy Officer in Washington, DC

I worked at US Navy full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The Navy is full of education, training and travel opportunities. You will have incredible experiences and make life long friends.

Cons

Separation from family
    Family-work balance can be difficult

Don't loose sight of the mission-including taking care of your people

There are newer employer reviews for US Navy

Worked for US Navy? Contribute to the Community!