There are newer employer reviews for US Postal Service

Normal ups and downs

Current Employee - CITY LETTER CARRIER in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - CITY LETTER CARRIER in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at US Postal Service full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The pros of the job would be the wages and benefits. Also, when you are out delivering mail, you are on your own which allows you the ability to self manage. There are a wide range of ages and races of employees. I am a shy person, and this helped me to become more open.

Cons

The cons are that you are always watching the clock to make sure you make your delivery times for that day. Management can be counter-productive. Some employees can be lazy. The weather in Arizona can be hard to deal with at times.

My advice to management would be for them to see that the bigger picture is maintain the relevancy of the USPS. It has been my experience that management can make personal, demeaning attacks against employees they do not favor, but if we could all become a true team and work together, there is no reason we can't get by.

reviews filtered by

The pay is good, but theres alot of walking involved

Current Employee - CITY LETTER CARRIER in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - CITY LETTER CARRIER in Chicago, IL

I have been working at US Postal Service

Pros

Great pay and benefits, opportunity for advancement

Cons

Working outside despite the weather conditions; dangerous neighborhoods; Management is more concerned with the mail delivery than anything else

Should be more concerned about well-being of employees

2. Good pay, good benefits, but a very disfunctional relationship between labor and management..

Former Employee - CITY LETTER CARRIER in Marshfield, WI
    Former Employee - CITY LETTER CARRIER in Marshfield, WI

I worked at US Postal Service

Pros

Pride in providing a needed service to our customers and our country. Pay and benefits were above average for our area and my level of education.

Cons

Far too many managers for number of hourly emplyees and too many managers really not knowing their jobs or regulations concerning the overall purpose of our job.

Make use of the experience and knowledge of your employees and urge congress to remove that drastic pre-retirement pay-in to the government. Without that totally unnecessary payment USPS would be operating in the balck.

There are newer employer reviews for US Postal Service