US Postal Service
www.usps.com Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

Normal ups and downs

City Letter Carrier (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at US Postal Service full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe pros of the job would be the wages and benefits. Also, when you are out delivering mail, you are on your own which allows you the ability to self manage. There are a wide range of ages and races of employees. I am a shy person, and this helped me to become more open.

ConsThe cons are that you are always watching the clock to make sure you make your delivery times for that day. Management can be counter-productive. Some employees can be lazy. The weather in Arizona can be hard to deal with at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management would be for them to see that the bigger picture is maintain the relevancy of the USPS. It has been my experience that management can make personal, demeaning attacks against employees they do not favor, but if we could all become a true team and work together, there is no reason we can't get by.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

The pay is good, but theres alot of walking involved

City Letter Carrier (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at US Postal Service

Pros: Great pay and benefits, opportunity for advancement Cons: Working outside despite the weather conditions; dangerous neighborhoods; Management is… Advice to Senior Management: Should be more concerned about well-being of employees Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good pay, good benefits, but a very disfunctional relationship between labor and management..

City Letter Carrier (Former Employee)
Marshfield, WI

I worked at US Postal Service

Pros: Pride in providing a needed service to our customers and our country. … Cons: Far too many managers for number of hourly emplyees and too many managers… Advice to Senior Management: Make use of the experience and knowledge of your employees and urge congress to remove that drastic… More

There are newer reviews on US Postal Service.

Worked for US Postal Service? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Postal Service reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for US Postal Service CEO Patrick R. Donahoe. All reviews posted anonymously by US Postal Service employees.