There are newer employer reviews for US Postal Service

Loved it!

Former Employee - PSE Clerk in Panama City Beach, FL
Former Employee - PSE Clerk in Panama City Beach, FL

I worked at US Postal Service part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work with minimal supervision; Co-workers (mail carriers) were awesome and fun to be around when they were there!

Cons

Breaks are not allowed at times

1262 Other Employee Reviews for US Postal Service (View Most Recent)

Carrying is not for the weak.

Current Employee - Letter Carrier in Temple Hills, MD
    Current Employee - Letter Carrier in Temple Hills, MD

I have been working at US Postal Service full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pretty decent salary for anyone without a college degree.

Cons

Go in with a plan to go into a different craft(less physical) carrying mail will break your body down for sure. Carry the mail no longer than 5-6 years.

Respect the craft employees a lot more, we are the backbone to The Great USPS. Let's make this business venture with Amazon work!!!!

RUN away as fast as you can, unless you like being loaded like a lop-sided pack mule. WORST job I have ever had!

Former Employee - Transitional Employee - Letter Carrier in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Transitional Employee - Letter Carrier in Kansas City, MO

I worked at US Postal Service part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Trainers were good, but I learned mostly from on the job training. NOTHING...I mean NOTHING can prepare you for a walking route, unless you are accustomed to being loaded like a pack mule. Most employees sincere and hard-working, although you really don't have a clue what the job is until you actually start real work.

Cons

You think its a great job with the possibility of full-time with benefits. Good luck! If your back isn't broken, you must be used to some ancient form of turture. I can only say this was the most physically, and emotionally exhausting job I ever did. The pay was great! Don't be fooled. No amount of money is worth it! I invested over $150 in all-weather hiking boots, just so I could walk. One day in snow boots and I had to buy something else. I have BLISTERS on top of BLISTERS on my feet. My thumb is cracked and bleeding. I walk like a 100 year old person. I am popping pain pills just so I can move. Don't let the pay fool you. McDonald's would be better and I'm serious. You want a break? Good luck with that. NEVER will I ever recommend USPS. I'm saddened and ashamed. I thought you all were better than this. I now know that your employees don't mean squat. Good riddance!

You need a training class for new employees, something to the effect of BOOT CAMP! The army would treat their employees better than this, making sure they had adequate uniforms and that they were loaded evenly. This job is a joke. It makes you realize why people go crazy and shoot up the place. I feel for every one of the employees, especially the ones on foot. Life's too short to be subject to this torture. You like pain and punishment...go for it!

There are newer employer reviews for US Postal Service