US Postal Service
2.9 of 5 1,077 reviews
www.usps.com Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

Rural Carrier Associate

Sub Rural Carrier (Current Employee)
Charlotte, NC

ProsGood pay, Good hours, and Co-workers are great. Good place to work if you have other means to receive health benefits until you become a regular employee.

ConsCan not receive benefits until you become a regular (carrier) employee.Have not been able to bid on a regular position for the past 4-5 years. Due to implementing new machines and hiring freezes.

Carrying is not for the weak.

Letter Carrier (Current Employee)
    Temple Hills, MD

I have been working at US Postal Service full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Pretty decent salary for anyone without a college degree. Cons: Go in with a plan to go into a different craft(less physical) carrying mail… Advice to Senior Management: Respect the craft employees a lot more, we are the backbone… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

RUN away as fast as you can, unless you like being loaded like a lop-sided pack mule. WORST job I have ever had!

Transitional Employee - Letter Carrier (Former Employee)
    Kansas City, MO

I worked at US Postal Service part-time for less than a year

Pros: Trainers were good, but I learned mostly from on the job training. NOTHING...I mean NOTHING can prepare you for a walking route, unless you are… Cons: You think its a great job with the possibility of full-time with benefits. Good luck! If your back isn't broken, you must be used to… Advice to Senior Management: You need a training class for new employees, something to the effect of BOOT CAMP! The army would treat their employees better than this, making… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on US Postal Service.

Worked for US Postal Service? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Postal Service reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for US Postal Service CEO Patrick R. Donahoe. All reviews posted anonymously by US Postal Service employees.