US Postal Service

www.usps.com

Difficult job depending on the position you have

TE Letter Carrier (Former Employee)

ProsAlmost all of the customers are awesome and really brighten up your day.
Good entry level job, not a lot of clliche HR style questions in the interview. Nice down to earth co-workers. The clerk jobs are especially great if you can get one.

ConsCarrying mail is more infinitely more difficult than it looks. I have a lot of respect for the people who can make a career out of this for 30+ years. Training for the carrier position was not very good.
Most of the jobs you'll find now are "non-career," with no benefits and lower pay than "career employees," so it's really not a great place to be long term.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis review would be five stars if it wasn't for all the scan points.
Additionally, certain supervisors could be a little more encouraging instead of constantly making you feel like you are doing something wrong.

Good Company

Industrial Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at US Postal Service full-time for more than a year

Pros: Glad to be here. Look forward to change. Cons: Do not have any cons to list at this time. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Not well run or efficient . Things do not make much sense often

Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at US Postal Service full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: decent salary and decent benefits . Used to be a company you can count on but that does… Cons: lots of processes but no real thinking or innovation. You'll have logs for your logs… Advice to Senior Management: stop with all the multiple reports and the promotion of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on US Postal Service.

Worked for US Postal Service? Contribute to the Community!