US Postal Service

www.usps.com

TE City Carrier-Oklahoma City

TE City Carrier (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsExcellent pay $22.15/HR, lots of hours available, ability to earn over $50K/ Year, I lost 10 lbs almost immediately. I have the utmost respect for the union (NALC) as they were very helpful even before I was hired. Also, most of the management and union employees were excellent.

ConsBitten by a pit bull in my first 2 weeks, time off recuperating was unpaid. Worked in dangerous neighborhoods, loaned to other post offices to walk new routes. Expectation was you would meet the required time to complete the route the first time you walked it, basically you had to run/power walk the entire route of up to 10 or more miles a day. I was fired before my 90 day probation was up because I wasn't fast enough usually running over my alloted time by 30 or more minutes. Pretty good for a 59 year old.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe expectations are unreasonable and inflexible. Make some allowance for older employees who physically struggle to meet the expectations. Local management in Oklahoma City that I worked under were fair and just.

Security

Maintenance (Current Employee)

I have been working at US Postal Service full-time

Pros: Good benefits and good pay Cons: Must be flexible. Hours subject to change. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Postal Carrier

Sub Rural Carrier (Former Employee) McKinney, TX

I worked at US Postal Service part-time for less than a year

Pros: Pay. Working on your own. Cons: Part time for up to 5-7 years Advice to Senior Management: Modernize Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on US Postal Service.

Worked for US Postal Service? Contribute to the Community!