There are newer employer reviews for US Postal Service

CCA job opportunities for Post Office

Current Employee - CCA  in  Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - CCA in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at US Postal Service part-time

Pros

Hourly pay seems to be OK

Cons

Told management vould be better!

Listen to the front line empoyees

1198 Other Employee Reviews for US Postal Service (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Former Employee - Rca  in  Harrisonburg, VA
    Former Employee - Rca in Harrisonburg, VA

I worked at US Postal Service part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great pay, good benefits after you transition to career employee, good working enviroment. Fairly easy to get in, took me about 5 weeks from application to traing start date, and yes, you get paid during training.

Cons

Can't negotiate pay, though its high to begin with. I did have to do a lot of driving around from training sites and to pre employment work done, like a battery, drug test, etc. Steep learning curve, and almost no room for error.

Most people cannot perceive the grand scope and daily accomplishments of the USPS.

Current Employee - Ssda  in  Skillman, NJ
    Current Employee - Ssda in Skillman, NJ

I have been working at US Postal Service full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I am proud of the service and the dedication of the people I work with at the Post office. This is not the place for anyone looking for an easy way into a gov't job. on a daily basis we encounter every address and do it efficiently. Compare to UPS or Fedex and you will see that the post office offers superior service at a bargain. I wish people would look a little deeper to see how complex a system it is, yet accomplished daily seamlessly.

Cons

Unfortunately the Post Office is not subsidized by the gov't. When banks are in trouble or the auto industry, there is help. The Post Office struggles are all attributable to a mandate that we prefund the pensions 75 years out. A standard not expected of any other company or branch of the gov't.

In the past 6 years I have noticed groos incompetence, problem is that these same management people aren't held responsible simply reassigned to a "detail".

There are newer employer reviews for US Postal Service

Worked for US Postal Service? Contribute to the Community!