US Postal Service

www.usps.com

Unconventional

Postal Support Employee (Current Employee) Lexington-Fayette, KY

Pros-Hours are available if you are willing to learn and travel to other offices
-Great coworkers
-Good pay rate for the level of education necessary
-If you're not lazy and value physical fitness, you will enjoy this job

Cons-Hard to move up or make regular employee as a clerk (but it is possible.)
-Work life balance is nonexistent (It was difficult to sleep eight hours a night with the rotating shifts, and planning anything more than a week in advance is impossible)
-Upper management comes down hard on middle management to cut hours and avoid overtime whenever possible. Sometimes the work just doesn't get done and piles up.

Advice to Senior ManagementCaring more about work-life balance might make people less likely to call in, and having the right number of people and doing the job right the first time would mean not having a mountain of work to do later.

Postal service

Leeter Carrier (Former Employee)

I worked at US Postal Service full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Flexibility, benefits, client interaction, people, and mobility... Cons: No future planning and reducing workforce..... No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not ideal work conditions for temporary employees.

Casual Mail Handler (Former Employee) Linthicum Heights, MD

I worked at US Postal Service as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: The work was mildly easy. As a mail handler or… Cons: As a temporary employee, the managers seem to work you harder as you don't have some of the perks as the full time employees. Many… Advice to Senior Management: Managers should monitor regular and temporary employees the same. Some… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on US Postal Service.

Worked for US Postal Service? Contribute to the Community!