There are newer employer reviews for US Postal Service

i enjoyed working for the usps

Former Employee - City Letter Carriet  in  Greensboro, NC
Former Employee - City Letter Carriet in Greensboro, NC

I worked at US Postal Service full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

steady employment, great benefits, good salary,

Cons

saturday work, working on easter monday

rehire me

1189 Other Employee Reviews for US Postal Service (View Most Recent)

Best paying job I've had

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at US Postal Service full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was hired as a non-career employee with a year contract. So if they like your work performance and you have a good evaluation, you will have your contract renewed by the end of your anniversary. Good pay, good hours, a lot of overtime hours given if you need it, you have a union that protects your rights if something goes wrong, and very good benefits if you are a regular employee. Working in the priority unit is extremely heavy work, but I enjoy the good work out and gaining my physical strength.

Cons

Starting as a non career employee will take some time to invest. If you really love the job and is willing to invest your time and effort into the work, you can become converted to a regular. That is only if you are hired as a non career employee with a year contract though. Management and the system are a bit unorganized, sometimes there are too less people working in a section where it requires more people, equipment can sometimes be limited, and you have to be selfish sometimes on items or equipment to get the job done. All other things can apply that you are pretty much paid well on a job to deal with stress, although you are not dealing with customers.

Go by the book, treat others the way you would like to be treated, always have proof for your accusations or to cover your back, & follow the rules. Not all management follows the rules, so learn from the ones who do.

Decent

Current Employee - Assistant Mail Handler  in  Kearny, NJ
    Current Employee - Assistant Mail Handler in Kearny, NJ

I have been working at US Postal Service full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Pay, Government Position, Decent Compensation

Cons

Being on your feet 8 hrs with hard labor.

Managers do not know there areas, if they knew how to direct the employees, better productiveness.

There are newer employer reviews for US Postal Service

Worked for US Postal Service? Contribute to the Community!