US Postal Service

www.usps.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for US Postal Service

Overworked and underpaid. Academy training doesn't teach any of the really important things. Goes over safety too much

Current Employee - CCA
Current Employee - CCA

I have been working at US Postal Service full-time

Pros

Consistant Cost of Living raises, decent benefits

Cons

Supervisors will always push you to do more in less time. There we10re openings near my home, yet they place you in a far away community. No time to eat or take a bathroom break in 10 to 12 hours.

Hands on training for letter carriers would train us better than movies and teachers who talk on incessantly about unimportant things. Have us walk through daily steps of scanner setup, MSP, etc. and repeat and repeat again so we remember. Make us fill out forms, practice with Advo and Satchel, physically load a truck. Movies should show oddities like there is a key in a lock box that gets you into a mailroom, or a buzzer. Why wait until we get to the street?

1555 Other Employee Reviews for US Postal Service (View Most Recent)

Confusing

Former Employee - Rca in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Rca in Tulsa, OK

I worked at US Postal Service full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good pay. You are on your own most of the time. Friendly, decent people as co-workers, and management. Potential to work at your own pace.

Cons

Training leaves much to be desired. You are on your own out in the wild without much idea as to how things work in the beginning. Moved around from route to route before you can learn them. Helpful advise that could have saved time and effort is saved until after you do things the hard way. Takes forever to get on as a 'perm' to get benefits, like 6+ years or more.

Treat employees like you may want them to stick around. Let a carrier gain some confidence on their 1st route before you put them in the wringer. Quit lowering the starting pay.

Things are going downhill fast.

Current Employee - Mail Handler in Federal Way, WA
    Current Employee - Mail Handler in Federal Way, WA

I have been working at US Postal Service full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Decent pay and benefits. Some supervisors still have a shred of humanity.

Cons

Everything but decent pay and benefits. And management is doing everything it can to try to take the pay and benefits away. Eventually it will be all non-career employees at minimum wage with no benefits.

You've got us aimed directly at the iceberg. Please, pick a direction that doesn't sink us.

There are newer employer reviews for US Postal Service