There are newer employer reviews for US Postal Service

It has it's good day & bad days just like any other job

Current Employee - Mail Carrier
Current Employee - Mail Carrier

I have been working at US Postal Service full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, easy job great pay

Cons

hard work, very physical , long days

reviews filtered by
  1. US Postal Service is a good place to work for

I have been working at US Postal Service

Pros

This is a Family oriented company, such a good place to work nobody wants to retire, great benefits and an excellent retirement plan.

Cons

Nothing really negative about the US Postal Service but the one thing I would say is the fact that if you have a position outdoors, it is definitely weather driven.

Get a little more involved in some of the positions like letter carriers to better understand that some demands are unreasonable.

The ABSOLUTE WORST!! Company That I have Worked For in My 14 Year Career

Current Employee - CCA in Mill Creek, WA
    Current Employee - CCA in Mill Creek, WA

I have been working at US Postal Service full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working Outdoors when the weather is nice, Friendly customers, Union Reps, and Fellow co-workers.

Cons

$15.00/Hour (Currently Minimum Wage in Seattle) with absolutely no benefits and 6 days of work with only 1 day off.

The Regulars get paid nearly $30 dollars an hour with vacation, sick leave, 2 days off, overtime, and the same route.

Management constantly calls your cell phone at all hours of the day. If you miss a call they can get rid of you.

Management has completely unrealistic expectations of when you need to complete a route or part of a route. There are about 100 different routes with it being completely random on a daily basis.

Management takes no accountability for their lack of training or clear instructions. They will get annoyed and roll their eyes at you if you do ask questions.

You will get managers that have never delivered a piece of mail in their lives yet they are the ones that so call "manage". This lack of experience is completely evident.

You will receive very little to no training and any type of mistake you make will be completely blamed on you.

They have sent me home twice after working 6 hours without giving me a lunch break.

Forget about eating lunch or taking any sort of breaks if you want to meet their ridiculous deadlines.

Nearly broke my wrist and management decided to make jokes about my injury and thought I was making it up even after having a doctor look at it.

You will never have a set schedule or a life for that matter.

Forget about making regular for 4-5 years.

The CCA Position is close to slavery as one can get.

Over 70% Turn-Over Rate (People Drop Like Flies)

Times are tough and jobs are scarce but don't be fooled by this so called federal government position. you are better off being a janitor, working at Walmart, or being a janitor at Walmart.

Get new management, pay fair wages, set normal schedules, and abolish slavery.

There are newer employer reviews for US Postal Service