US Postal Service

www.usps.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for US Postal Service

U. S. Postal Service was my career for over 20 years.

Former Employee - Clerk in Rochester, NY
Former Employee - Clerk in Rochester, NY

I worked at US Postal Service full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

This is a government job, unionized and pays well. Once you have a few years in and become a Regular, you have full benefits, vacation and stability. If you decide to stay long enough to become a Regular employee, you will also be eligible to save for your future and retirement through a Thrift Savings Plan. if you enjoy working overtime and making extra money, the opportunities are also there.

Cons

Because you are working for the public (mail, parcels processing and delivery), Holidays are the busiest time and as an employee, you are expected to work many hours. Usually it is when you want to spend some time with family, such as Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years, and you are mandated to work these Holidays, it is not voluntary.

Don't forget who you are and where you come from because you are examples for others to want to become part of the Management. Being polite and kind to the employees goes a long way and please be sure to train new employees to the fullest.

1546 Other Employee Reviews for US Postal Service (View Most Recent)

Clerk

Current Employee - Clerk in Gulfport, MS
    Current Employee - Clerk in Gulfport, MS

I have been working at US Postal Service full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Salary and benefits. Many hours to work. Steady increase in pay. Great health benefits.

Cons

Horrible managers. Stress, stress, stress. No life. Overworked.

Have some compassion.

Hard work. Living wages. Decent people.

Former Employee - CCA
    Former Employee - CCA

I worked at US Postal Service full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They pay you overtime for anything over an 8 hour work day. The money you earn is good, but you work hard for each dollar. The people who work there are honest, salt of the earth, good people (at least my post office was). If you are there to work and you can handle it, it is a great job with career potential.

Cons

It was too strenuous for me. I could not handle the 10 hour days of heavy lifting, constant exercise and only one day off per week. I am a wimp though. If you can handle the hard work then the job itself is not super complicated and easily mastered within a few weeks. It is 6 days per week, 10 hour days.

Hire more CCAs to alleviate the stress of people having to constantly work 6 days per week. For such a physically intense job you need more than 24 hours of rest per week.

There are newer employer reviews for US Postal Service