There are newer employer reviews for US-Reports

Nice People But Waste of Time Unless You Are Desperate

Current Employee - Risk Auditor/Inspector
Current Employee - Risk Auditor/Inspector

I have been working at US-Reports

Pros

Good training, non-paid and requires a lot of time.
Good document system.

Cons

I will let you decide. I spent 30 hours doing the self study. I purchased a digital camera for the job and the other required tools.
I was given few job near me and they wanted me to travel to jobs 50 miles away for a supposed pay of around $60. Not reimbursement for travel. I performed two jobs; one of which was a two building assignment where I had to work with an out of town owner, personally make appoints with 7 renters, visit their businesses and take pictures, compile the report and attach photos.
I quit taking assignments after about 60 days. My net pay for all of the above was less than $100.00. It takes 3 to 4 weeks to get paid after completing an assignment.They didn't even pay for the ride along visit I spent time with another agent.
Do the math!! This is not what is is represented to be and these people could care less about why they have a high drop out rate. No one every asked why I was dropping out.
Great work if you are desperate and have the money to subsidize the company. A minimum wage job will earn you more.

If you care about losing well intentioned people, at least care enough to contact them and discuss why they drop out. I think you know why. Maybe that is the reason management doesn't followup.

reviews filtered by

Every Audit Counts

Current Employee - Field Auditor
    Current Employee - Field Auditor

I have been working at US-Reports

Pros

Time is your own. Schedule your day and complete audits before due date
    Work on your own
    Complete field assignments and no one bothers you

Cons

Some of the review staff really needs to be out in the field
    A little kindness will go a long way
    Not much praise on a job well done

Have everyone that works in the office take a week and work in the field. Management really has to treat the field staff better after all without the field staff there is no US-Reports. Better compensation. The company will get $100.00 per field assignment completed and will compensate the field staff with $30 - 35. After gas taxes, and other business expense this is a business that is going downhill. Advice to Management pay better as you will lose quality contractors, and then the business will lose insurance contracts.

High hourly wage touted, low pay realized

Current Employee - Field Loss/Prevention Surveyor
    Current Employee - Field Loss/Prevention Surveyor

I have been working at US-Reports

Pros

Work from home
    Set own hours (sort of)
    Good training
    Initial contact is good
    Feeling of support when beginning work
    Experiences, both in learning about what people do and meeting people

Cons

Low pay regardless of what is said
    Job pays set hours, takes much longer to complete
    Don't get behind, they will be on you
    Have not submitted a single job that didn't get sent back (lack of training or clarity of what they really want.

Tell the truth in what's really paid. I asked about this specifically when doing the first webinar and was told that most jobs were at least an hour when in reality they are about .5 or less as far as the offered pay goes. The "turn in early" bonus incentive, yea, haven't gotten one of those. Give your field people a reason to work harder every day. Set up a system where all the jobs in a certain area are to be reported back on a certain day of the month...nothing like driving a 80 mile round trip to get back and start to enter a report and have another show up in the jobs inventory that is right back in the same place requiring another trip and having this happen weekly.

Give better support to the field staff. New forms implemented with little to no explanation on how they are to be completed. Vague descriptions on the forms so we do the best we can just to have the job returned to us multiple times.

Educate your review staff on using a little tact. Sometimes after your field people have been out all day dealing with the insured's and then coming back and submitting a job, it would be nice to actually not be treated as a 2 year old in the way that the returns are written. We are the ones out here in the field, we are making you the money while you sit behind a computer, we are doing the "leg work".....

There are newer employer reviews for US-Reports