US Sports Academy

www.ussa.edu
There are newer employer reviews for US Sports Academy

Working at the center of a storm

I worked at US Sports Academy full-time

Pros

Opportunities to do interesting work. Salaries and benefits decent.

Cons

The organizational structure is very regimented with two people ultimately making all decisions. Faculty do not have academic freedom in the traditional sense of the term. There is a 40% turnover among on campus employees every year. People often leave or are fired for no apparent reason. The work environment is stifling and a sense of paranoia pervades the organization. This is all due to the fact that President/CEO is the founder of the institution and the second in command is one of the founder's sons.

Nothing to share because upper management is not prepared to listen to any advice.

6 Other Employee Reviews for US Sports Academy (View Most Recent)

Interesting Work on the Eastern Shore; Exposure to Many New Experiences.

I have been working at US Sports Academy full-time

Pros

The Academy believes in taking care of its employees. The benefits are above and beyond what is the norm for current work environments. The staff is professional, diligent, and caring toward students and colleagues. Administration does try to work within extenuating circumstances and compromise when able to do so.

Cons

Advancement opportunities appear to be minimal for long term career growth. Yet, there is a balance for work-family. Compensation occurs in other ways as a trade-off.

N/A.

Hostile Work Environment

I worked at US Sports Academy full-time (less than a year)

Pros

While working at the Academy I had the privilege of working within a great department. My team was highly knowledgeable and very professional and expressed a desire to learn and grow more. This was a huge bonus for me. This ends my list of pros.

Cons

Unfortunately the list of cons outweighed the single pro I have listed and ultimately forced my hand in changing my career path. I decided to leave the Academy due to the hostile nature of upper level management. The upper level management team will use threats, public humiliation and intimation to run this organization. A sincere warning to the would-be job seeker: DO NOT APPLY!!! Your time is better spent looking elsewhere.

It is a known fact that people will work at a BAD job for a GREAT employer LONGER than working at a GREAT job for a HORRIBLE boss. You have been advised.

There are newer employer reviews for US Sports Academy