There are newer employer reviews for USA Jobs

Not its cracked up to be

I have been working at USA Jobs

Pros

Benefits are nice and rewarding for a family

Cons

Lack of upward advancement due to budget cuts

Let some dead weight go

6 Other Employee Reviews for USA Jobs (View Most Recent)

It depends strongly on the specific team or group you are assigned to. Poor supervisors removed; now better.

Current Employee - Scientist (Regulatory - Technical Review of Applications)  in  College Park, MD
    Current Employee - Scientist (Regulatory - Technical Review of Applications) in College Park, MD

I have been working at USA Jobs

Pros

Some job security and feeling of being valued but not by some citizens. Generally, we have the right tools (computers, etc.) and support (IT support) to do our jobs. I get to work with some of the best people you'll find anywhere.

Cons

You are largely a cog in a machine and need to find your own satisfaction from doing your job well. Rules often aren't common sense. A lot of ultimate power can be in the hands of bad supervisors.

High-performing organization is a management approach touted to maximize productivity and excellence. These are worhtwhile goals and HPO should be promoted but there is too high of an emphasis on performance and productivity above the humanistic benefits of staff development, team-building, and nurturing of mental and physical health.

The place to be (right now)

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at USA Jobs

Pros

Best benefits anywhere
    Decent ability to move up the ladder
    Job stability is as good as it gets
    Great job options and mobility

Cons

You will most likely be forced to live around Wash, DC...pay is not enough for the area (especially youngers workers who will never be able to afford a house)
    Mid to upper management is pretty poor
    Lots of coworkers are not motivated
    As political as it gets
    Red tape to the extreme

Government jobs must move out of the DC area to be attractive to younger workers.

There are newer employer reviews for USA Jobs

Worked for USA Jobs? Contribute to the Community!