USA Truck

www.usa-truck.com
  www.usa-truck.com
There are newer employer reviews for USA Truck

USA Truck is a place that offers opportunity and stimulates growth a new commercial driving career.

Current Employee - Truck Driver
Current Employee - Truck Driver

I have been working at USA Truck

Pros

The opportunity to obtain the necessary credentials is not offered by the najority of trucking companies.
The training is extensive, organized and methodical, and accomplished by highly experienced and qualified trainers and instructors.
The facilities for learning are above average though not extravagent.

Cons

I am a trainee myself therefore my critique lacks the personal experience required for a fair and complete assessment; however at this point in my career, and having researched other like companies, I think the living/sleeping accommadations would be better suited to learning if they were single occupancy rather than double occupancy. I also could use more theory in my instruction - the technique education seems quite thorough,

So far my exposure to leadership has been the instructors and safety personnel - they are good.

48 Other Employee Reviews for USA Truck (View Most Recent)

Im a type "a" personality and make it a workable experience.

Current Employee - Driver Extraordinaire
    Current Employee - Driver Extraordinaire

I have been working at USA Truck

Pros

Good miles and decent equipment once youve been there a while. I'm on my fourth dispatcher in two years and everyone has gotten me good miles after they learned that I get their freight delivered. They pretty much leave me alone to do my job and I leave them alone to do theirs.

Cons

Substandard equipment when you start. Your lucky if it's even DOT compliant. Some trucks take longer to work through issues as you learn to deal with incompetent terminal maintenance dept. Still havent reinstated company match on 401k. If Cliff cant start making this company profitable soon, it might be time for a new CEO.

Reinstate company match. When I worked for this company ten years ago our motto was USA Pride. Try and find a way to bring that back. I'm tired of listening to other drivers whine because they cant make this company work for them. If I can do it, anybody should be able to. Besides that, thanx for the opportunity to work for this company and make USA and me some bank.

Top company

Current Employee - Driver
    Current Employee - Driver

I have been working at USA Truck

Pros

great routes lots of training available, safety officers actually do their jobs and the fleet managers try to keep u moving

Cons

the only real complaint i have is the maintnence in the company has something to be desired they are reactive not proactive

spend some money on better training for the garages im tired of having to break down after just being in the shop

There are newer employer reviews for USA Truck