USA Truck

www.usa-truck.com
There are newer employer reviews for USA Truck

good starter company

I worked at USA Truck

Pros

kept me rolling. good pay, great benefits. was treated like a human being instead of a number. terminals were always clean and well taken care of . friendly staff in shops. enjoyable place to
work.

Cons

slow trucks, limited fueling locations, very limited fuel in the northeast. poor company directions.
imcompetent safety department !!! some driver managers are rude and unhelpful to their drivers.
no one answers the phone when you call you have to wait several minutes before you can reach
someone. most new drivers are stuck with automatic trucks that breakdrown.

try to work on interoffice communication don't expect your drivers to do everything. they're the only
ones who lose money by being on the phone all the time. most of you guys are in the same building there is no excuse why it should take days for people to hear back from each other.

47 Other Employee Reviews for USA Truck (View Most Recent)

OK but could be better

I worked at USA Truck

Pros

Good place for new drivers. Luckily i had a good trainer to show me the ropes. Pretty good with getting you home when you want to be there.

Cons

Poor pay. Slow Trucks. Equipment could be maintained better. Communication is terrible for the most part. If you dont constantly press management you wont get miles or get home when you want.

Step up communication. Get a bigger night/weekend dispacth crew. Hire fleet managers with former over the road experience because the current ones dont know anything about trucks.

USA Truck is a place that offers opportunity and stimulates growth a new commercial driving career.

Current Employee - Truck Driver
    Current Employee - Truck Driver

I have been working at USA Truck

Pros

The opportunity to obtain the necessary credentials is not offered by the najority of trucking companies.
    The training is extensive, organized and methodical, and accomplished by highly experienced and qualified trainers and instructors.
    The facilities for learning are above average though not extravagent.

Cons

I am a trainee myself therefore my critique lacks the personal experience required for a fair and complete assessment; however at this point in my career, and having researched other like companies, I think the living/sleeping accommadations would be better suited to learning if they were single occupancy rather than double occupancy. I also could use more theory in my instruction - the technique education seems quite thorough,

So far my exposure to leadership has been the instructors and safety personnel - they are good.

There are newer employer reviews for USA Truck