There are newer employer reviews for USA Truck

Your experience with USA depends on who your fleet manager is as well as who you deal with a breakdown.

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Van Buren, AR
Former Employee - Truck Driver in Van Buren, AR

I worked at USA Truck full-time

Pros

-You get home when you are supposed to.
-You get to see things you wouldn't get to see otherwise.

Cons

-The pay is not very well. However, it does depend on who your fleet manager is. My first fleet manager gave me a lot of miles every week so my paychecks were decent. However, my second fleet manager never gave me many miles so I was seeing 100-200 paychecks every week. I don't know about you but I wasn't able to pay the bills.
-I did not have a problem dealing with either or my fleet managers. However, I did have some issues with breakdown. They only want to fix a truck issue when they know they have to. If you have a truck issue with any company and it is not DOT compliant, do not move that truck until it is fixed. You basically have to stay on breakdown about getting an issue fixed.

I think you need to take better care of your drivers. If a driver isn't getting the miles needed then he or she will go elsewhere. In addition, if your driver does not have an apu unit in his or her truck you should not make the driver pay for a hotel room in the summer or winter weather and then take 2 to 3 weeks to reimburse the driver.

46 Other Employee Reviews for USA Truck (View Most Recent)

ok place to work if starting out driving.

Current Employee - Local Driver
    Current Employee - Local Driver

I have been working at USA Truck full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

able to b home every night and off weekends. Supervisors.

Cons

work long hours with no overtime pay, off for hollidays with no pay(id rather work and get paid then b off), old tractors that break down and paid 4 hours for the day if brokedown all day, shortage of trailers due to company selling majority of trailers. no option for advancement. maxed out at $16hourly, no bonuses and benefits r not great,

An excellent place to work!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Van Buren, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Van Buren, AR

I have been working at USA Truck

Pros

They give you a lot of autonomy

Cons

There is a lot of stress that goes with not making any money as a company.

Learn to admit when you don't know what you are doing. Seek the real answers from people that know.

There are newer employer reviews for USA Truck