USA Truck

www.usa-truck.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for USA Truck

Okay to start out with, but keep your options open

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Marysville, OH
Former Employee - Truck Driver in Marysville, OH

I worked at USA Truck full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Okay starter carrier

Average run is about 800 to 1000 miles

I averaged 2700

The pay is actually good for a large carrier that trains drivers

I'm still friends with my trainer to this day (I'm told I got lucky though by other current and former USA drivers...)

Cons

Severe lack of communication. They will not answer the phone or qualcomm in a timely manner on ANYTHING. You can expect to be on hold for 30 minutes or more even on urgent matters requiring immediate attention.

Trucks are governed at 62 or 63. If they are unsatisfied with your fuel economy or idle time they will cut you down to 59.

That ad in the trucking papers where they say you can "bank your home time" is an outright lie. You get 1 day of home time for every 7 days worked, can only bank up to 4 (If you work more than 28 days at a time you don't accumulate any more home time)

They will drag their feet getting you home when you're due for home time. I stayed out for 28 days at a time so I could have 4 days. They always tried to call me on the second or third day to get me to leave early. I finally stopped answering my phone if it was them while on home time.

They will try to write you up for things you're not even guilty of, that they can't even prove.

50 Other Employee Reviews for USA Truck (View Most Recent)

Sad to see good company ran into the ground.

Former Employee - Sales in Van Buren, AR
    Former Employee - Sales in Van Buren, AR

I worked at USA Truck full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay and good benefits.

Cons

Forgot about the customer and what pays the bills.

I'm caught in the middle . I get decent miles but dealing with dispatch, and maintainance ,well

Current Employee - OTR Driver in Van Buren, AR
    Current Employee - OTR Driver in Van Buren, AR

I have been working at USA Truck full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have worked for USA for almost 2 yrs. now and my 1st year I worked intermodal in California , when the company could no longer compete with local companies they gave me the opportunity to go over the road which I thought was a good jesture by them . and that's about it I get decent miles but ,I have to beg plead rant and rave to get them and fleetmanager acts like i'm pulling out teeth

Cons

trying to get good miles closer to home without being sent all the way to east coast because ,quote the fleet manager says " that's where all the loads are " then when you get out there you're competing with 65 % of the usa fleet and every other co. that's out there and not getting the miles you need to make a living and end up barely scraping by at home and not being able to afford to go home when it's time for home time. then hearing there are no loads west and when you finally get home your paycheck is so small that you can't even afford to stay home for the days alotted by the company. and it's funny usually the fleet manager will call you on the 2nd day asking you If you're going to stay out the time or saying we have aload for you out but you have to pick the load up the day before your home time is up . oh 1 other thing reimbursal and things like vacation pay arriving in a timely manner or when requested the attitude of the fleetmanager and payroll is you'll get it whenever. Maintaintance and repairs are a whole , other story when the trucks broke ,it's broke this company could save so much money stopping the bandaid mechanics and legitimitly repairing the trucks ; perfect example my truck althought I am not the greatest driver in the world I know the machine that the company give me to make a living in is my money maker so I take care of my peterbilt (BLUTO) it's a good truck, back in may I was having egr trouble and BLUTO was down for 3 days in vandailia ohiothey put on a new egr valve but left it in the off position this valve controls a vital coolant flow to the egr cooler when ou tell the mechanic you're losing coolant this is a quick fix that can cause unrepairable damage later down the road , guesswhat 6months later bluto is in the shop for an egr cooler replacement that is going to cost the company that much more because now it's being done by outside sources.

eliminate the complacency , inspire the drier managers and such to get the driver as many miles as they can handle train the load planners to stack loads up on drivers drivers like to know where they are headed next before they get to their deliveries get rid of these brokers who only seem to find east coast loads emember we are USA TRUCK not east coast trucking I take a certain amount of pride in the fact that I drive for a company with this title.

There are newer employer reviews for USA Truck