USA for Unhcr
www.unrefugees.org Washington, DC 50 to 149 Employees

A lot a canvassing, which isn't fun, but pay and benefits are good.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at USA for Unhcr full-time

ProsFun team to work with, supportive and have sense of humor. The pay is better than what most fundraising organizations give and the new management at the DC office was particularly caring of employees.

ConsFundraising in harsh conditions such as staying outside in freezing cold and scorching heat for 6 hours a day (except for a lunch and other shorter breaks). Strict quotas, the main thing employees complained about was lack of job security, the stress motivated people to always be looking for other jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe make it more commission based, instead of tight quotas, to prevent losses and too much stress for employees. Worrying about losing team leader position or the job entirely makes it hard to be upbeat and positive while fundraising.

Your hard work pays off, I PROMISE

Face to Face Fundraiser (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at USA for Unhcr part-time for more than a year

Pros: I have been a fundraiser for the San Diego office for just about a year now. I would like to first start off by saying… Cons: Yes, this is a fundraising job. With that comes weekly goals that need to be met. In all honesty, these are not difficult goals to… Advice to Senior Management: Continue the faith in those staff members that have been around for a while. Making it known to the new guys… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

USA for UNHCR was a platform for personal and professional development

Team Leader (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at USA for Unhcr full-time for more than a year

Pros: I was an employee of the LA office and quickly grew from frontliner to team leader. The office environment was ver attuned to the needs… Cons: The hardest thing to accept is rejection. When people do not stop it is difficult to accept in the beginning, but when you realize it… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on USA for Unhcr.

Worked for USA for Unhcr? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at USA for Unhcr reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for USA for Unhcr CEO Greg Wangerin. All reviews posted anonymously by USA for Unhcr employees.