USAA

There are newer employer reviews for USAA

Financial Foundations Associate

Former Employee - Financial Foundations Associate in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Financial Foundations Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at USAA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Awesome facility in Phoenix. Good benefits.

Cons

If you like being on the phones and getting members to "deepen their relationships" as they call sales at this company then this job is for you. If not don't even think about working for USAA. As soon as training is over they want you to get 2 referrals a day and if you don't that's all you hear from your manager. They don't care if the customer was happy they focus on you not getting a referral. This affects you in moving up, bonuses, special projects etc. So be prepared. They sell it to you like it is not a big deal but that is not the case. The managers have been there a long time and USAA is all they know so they lack the skills needed to supervise people that are college educated. They treat their reps like kids. Don't bother going to HR they more or less say if you don't like it then leave. They serve the military but when they hire military people they treat them like children.

Start hiring managers who think outside the box. Contact past employees who love the company but did not like the management styles and get their input. This company has let people with great skills walk out the door.

921 Other Employee Reviews for USAA (View Most Recent)

Good solid company

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at USAA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good work/life balance. Mostly positive culture.

Cons

High pending. Some negativity in the workplace from stressed out employees.

Good place to work

Current Employee - Senior Specialist in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Specialist in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at USAA part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company really cares about their employees
    Bonuses
    Benefits/compensation
    Chance to progress

Cons

The "mission" brainwashing- I love the fact that they do have a mission and that they are passionate about it but sometimes it is forced so strongly that its almost bordering religion.
    Also, micromanagement for service reps.

So far all of my managers have been more than willing to go the extra mile for me. They really care about you as a person and want to see you succeed. I know they have their own boss to answer to, but my advice would be to go easy on the micro management. I've known people who got a talking to by their manager because they've been going to the restroom more than what the manager thought necessary! lol

There are newer employer reviews for USAA