USAA
www.usaa.com San Antonio, TX 5000+ Employees

USAA Financial Advisor...

Financial Advisor (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

ProsThe benefits, set hours, most of the people working at USAA are stand up people, the customers as a whole treat the employees well.

ConsWe are attached the a phone line 90% of our day. There is constant change affecting the ability to be effective. We are expected to be experts at eveything and sell everything to every person that calls in. We are salaried agents so we can tell our members we have their best interest in mind even though we have goals that are beat into us on a daily basis. So even though we dont get a commission we still push certain products to get management off our backs for the day or week.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on advertising that creates effective conversations when member call in. If you send out an advertisement for 250k term life insurance for $13/month and expect us to sell the benefits of whole life at $100/mo, try a joint advertisement for both products so members dont feel like they are being tricked into calling. Also, enough pushing referrals from other departments, we dont find people money most people are not even told why they are being transferred for financial advice.

usaa-ok

Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at USAA

Pros: the corporate culture, noble mission, great teammates are enough to… Cons: none i can think of at this time, except maybe… Advice to Senior Management: dont be so quick to change. mostly, what is… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

working at usaa

Technical Architect (Current Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

I have been working at USAA

Pros: company has a good reputation Cons: company is very conservative but appears to be changing with… Advice to Senior Management: none Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on USAA.

Worked for USAA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at USAA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for USAA CEO Joe Robles Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by USAA employees.