USAA

www.usaa.com
  www.usaa.com
There are newer employer reviews for USAA

A company that truly cares about their employees and their members!

Current Employee - Financial Foundations Senior Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at USAA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent pay and great training and ongoing training you always learn something new. You can choose many different work shifts and change your shifts every 3 month. Excellent benefits and one of the best retirement planning services I experienced. The building has a gym and this wonderful relaxing chair that gives you a massage when you need it. Daycare center for Moms and Dads that will allow you to interact with your child on your break and spend some time with the little one. Love the parking garage so in the winter I don't have to dig my car out of the snow and in the summer it stays nice and cool.

Cons

It is a call center and a lot is expected of you and you have to learn to relax and take vacations and breaks serious. I work 10 hr days 4x a week but I get the same break as a employee that works 40hr week and 8hr days...which means a month I work 3 hours more than a 5 day employee with the same hours weekly as mine...I feel it is unfair because I have to take more calls and I am monitored with more hours on the phone so my phone productivity is different when it shouldn't it should be the same- we both work 40 hr a week.

I am very happy with our CEO and all my managers that I worked with so far - they are truly caring individuals.

859 Other Employee Reviews for USAA (View Most Recent)

Opportunity to grow as leaders while serving those who have served.

Current Employee - Product Management in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Product Management in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at USAA full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Mission based management
    Great pay
    Good benefit
    Education benefits

Cons

Most non-call center jobs only in San Antonio

Nice way to serve the military community

Current Employee - Financial Foundations Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Foundations Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at USAA full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company cares about it customers and employees and really wants to do the right thing. There is a nice culture of respect and kindness that is a pleasure to be a part of. Benefits are very good. It is very rewarding to assist the men and women that are defending our country.

Cons

Great place to work if you are in a staff or back office position - not so much if you are talking to members or manage frontline reps. That is because USAA has a military grade bureaucracy that makes it hard for decision makers to hear what is really going on.

Do more surveys of frontline reps and managers - cut through the bureaucracy.

There are newer employer reviews for USAA