There are newer employer reviews for USAA

Great military culture, atmosphere, and strong upper management.

I have been working at USAA full-time

Pros

Great benefits and strong military culture.

Cons

Extremely conservative approach with product offerings to members

786 Other Employee Reviews for USAA (View Most Recent)

Awesome company!

Former Employee - Non-Injury Claims Adjuster  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Non-Injury Claims Adjuster in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at USAA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working at USAA was amazing. I only reason I left was because we decided to relocate to another state and there were no positions available anywhere near our destination. This is a military financial services company and it can be strict, however if you do what you are supposed to, the strict atmosphere barely affects you. The people that work there are very capable and pleasant. The managers I worked with were wonderful and did anything to help you if you needed it. The pay is competitive or better than I've found elsewhere and the benefits are second to none.

Cons

It is a call center environment so you are expected to be logged in to your phones helping members when at your desk. It can be very, very busy and hard to keep up if your time management skills are subpar. Not really a con per say, but there are people that don't fit well into this environment.

A company that truly cares about their employees and their members!

Current Employee - Financial Foundations Senior Specialist  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Financial Foundations Senior Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at USAA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent pay and great training and ongoing training you always learn something new. You can choose many different work shifts and change your shifts every 3 month. Excellent benefits and one of the best retirement planning services I experienced. The building has a gym and this wonderful relaxing chair that gives you a massage when you need it. Daycare center for Moms and Dads that will allow you to interact with your child on your break and spend some time with the little one. Love the parking garage so in the winter I don't have to dig my car out of the snow and in the summer it stays nice and cool.

Cons

It is a call center and a lot is expected of you and you have to learn to relax and take vacations and breaks serious. I work 10 hr days 4x a week but I get the same break as a employee that works 40hr week and 8hr days...which means a month I work 3 hours more than a 5 day employee with the same hours weekly as mine...I feel it is unfair because I have to take more calls and I am monitored with more hours on the phone so my phone productivity is different when it shouldn't it should be the same- we both work 40 hr a week.

I am very happy with our CEO and all my managers that I worked with so far - they are truly caring individuals.

There are newer employer reviews for USAA

Worked for USAA? Contribute to the Community!